Friday, July 20, 2012

Swimming

Charlie has been doing swimming lessons for the last 2 weeks.  I was excited to find lessons (in an outdoor pool even!) offered in the evenings about halfway between work and home. It has made for some long days but he loves it.
I am so glad he is not afraid of water but his level of comfort makes me uncomfortable. He wants to do it himself (imagine that) and hates using the kick boards. After a few days I did convince him he could do more by himself if he would wear the swimmies. When they were practicing jumping in, which is his favorite, he yells, "MOM, back up!!!" Most of the other parents somehow stay somewhat dry during the lessons. I, on the other hand, look like I have been lap swimming because I'm soaked.

Did you notice how the 3 girls all jumped at the same time?



No comments:

Post a Comment