Sunday, July 8, 2012

Levi - 4 months

June was another crazy month. I started working full time and Levi did excellent transitioning to full time at daycare. Charlie always keeps a good eye on him for me & always makes sure we have him when we leave at night. He rolls over every once in awhile but he seems to get hung up on his side and spends a lot of time just propped up on his side. Once he figures out how to get his arm out of the way he will be rolling all over the place. For now, it is just a lot of scooting in a circle. 
Sleep was not as great as it has been this month but I can’t complain at all. Many nights Levi wakes up and babbles in his crib for a long time and then falls back to sleep. We still swaddle him some nights and other nights when it’s really hot upstairs I skip it. I would say he wakes up 1-2 times a night but very rarely do I actually get up with him because he usually doesn’t cry. If I do, I usually just bring him downstairs and he goes back to sleep without eating.  He’s getting up around 5:00-5:30 takes a good morning nap & afternoon nap and usually a late afternoon quick nap as well and goes to bed around 8:30 (or after Charlie). When he wakes up in the morning he just babbles away and gets so excited when I go to get him. Sometimes Charlie gets up first and will go in to check on Levi. I love listening to him talk to his brother through the monitor. "Hi, Levi. How are you?" He’s nursing 3 times a day and taking about 15 ounces in bottles at daycare during the day.
I mentioned Charlie is patient with Levi but this really goes both ways, Levi is an extremely patient baby. He spends a lot of time hanging out just waiting for some attention. Charlie always requests that Levi goes upstairs to read stories with us at night. This usually goes pretty well but by this time Levi is getting tired too.
In the last couple of weeks, we have caught Levi sucking his thumb a few times. I’m not sure if it will become a habit yet or not. He also likes holding onto his Nuk or his rings and has started to grab at toys and put them in his mouth.  I was just telling Erik we should just take the Nuk away because he really doesn’t seem to care about it either way. When I put him down at night he doesn’t have it in and if he does it’s always gone in the mornings. Hopefully he will give it up as easily as Charlie did.
At his 4 month appointment he did excellent with the shots once again & came in at the top of the charts for height and weight. He is a very proportional baby despite all of his rolls.  He does everything a normal 4 month old does.
I love that Levi is always so happy and content. He’s never fussy and rarely cries. If he is crying there is something majorly wrong!   Being that we have limited time to hang out in the evenings I prefer having a happy baby who just goes with the flow. 







No comments:

Post a Comment