Last week both boys had fevers. I am pretty sure Levi's was due to his 2nd tooth coming in and despite it being quite high, you would never know because he continued to be as content and happy as usual. Getting him to sleep was the biggest challenge but once he was out he slept pretty good. I was expecting he would be much more fussy but no complaints!
On Tuesday Charlie also got a fever & when we got home we noticed he had a rash on his legs. He threw up that night but then felt fine. Erik ended up taking him to the doctor the next day because the rash wasn't better and he had Fifths disease. It's a virus that is basically a fever followed by a rash. We don't know where he picked it up but once the rash comes on the contgaious period is over so hopefully he didn't do too much sharing at daycare! The rash can last anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks. It's a really strange rash because it didn't seem to bother him and he didn't scratch at it. It feels warm and on his legs it looks like he has a sunburn. The rash on his arms is more spotty & on his face it's a little more blotchy. He also only has it where he's NOT covered up with clothes & diaper so his shoulders, body & bum are rash free. I guess they call this the slap virus because it looks like they got slapped in the face. By Sunday his rash was pretty much cleared up already. I felt bad for him but I think it looked much worse than he actually felt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment