Friday, September 12, 2014

gopher game

Last weekend we made our (now annual?) trek to the Gopher game. LOL donated something like $24million to the U, so Erik got a free ticket from work. We waited until the last minute to get tickets (fair weather fans - I'm only going if it's not hot, raining, snowing, etc) and since it was supposed to be a beautiful day we finally got tickets late Thursday. Being that they're still in their non-conference games, it wasn't super packed which was nice. Going to the game is always so nostalgic for me. Even though I never was a season ticket holder, it's just such a fun experience. I told Erik that had they been playing in the outdoor stadium when I was a student, I totally would have gotten season tickets!

We parked in St. Paul and took the Campus Connector (probably a highlight of the day), tailgated with some friends for awhile and went to the game.

Hey, let's not cooperate for a family picture!!
2 minutes later....Charlie was posing on this rock senior pic style.



We made the trek to the game and got into the stadium. Row 34. aka the very top row. Within minutes of sitting down Levi announced he had to poop and I told Erik there was no way I was doing all of those stairs again.  I took Charlie to the bathroom in the 2nd quarter and we got them some popcorn to occupy them. About halfway through the 3rd quarter Levi said he had to go to the bathroom again and we knew we were just ready to be done. It worked out well because we were able to get on a bus back to St. Paul right away and not have to fight the crowds. 

He's not tired.



Fave sweatshirt
They loved singing the rouser, especially yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gophers! RAH!

Had to stop and visit the bulls on our way out & show the boys where we lived when we went to school.


No comments:

Post a Comment