Saturday, September 13, 2014

Back to school/work/reality

After the best. summer. ever. we are all back into our old routines and schedules. We had a great unstructured, unscheduled summer and it was awesome. I worked very, very few hours, got a new boss who has 4 young kids of her own (!!!) who has no problem with me bringing them in for a few hours to at least keep up on messages, etc.  I guess when you work at preschool there is no shortage of things to do for little ones. One day we had 10 kids aged 8 & under hanging out with 3 adults working.

I went back to work/boys back to daycare the last week of August. After having such a lazy summer, it was tough to get back into the swing of things. There was a pile of things to get done and I'm still not really caught up. Luckily, preschool didn't start until a week after the big kids! It was very nice to head back to daycare sans diaper bag (just a little bag with extra clothes for Levi) and it was impressive how much easier it is for us to get out the door in the morning versus 3 months ago. I have a feeling that will change soon :)

Charlie couldn't wait until school started up again and about going back to daycare to see his buddies. He kept saying "___ more days of Cheri's, then school will start!" He was a very happy kid this week when it was finally time. He's loving it. 

Pictures from the first day. I'd say he looks pretty excited.
 



It was pretty weird being home with just Levi for almost 3.5 hours. We made pumpkin bread, played tractors and it was just soooooo quiet. It will be fun to have some 1-1 time with the "baby" while he's still the baby! He was sad to see Charlie off and when Daisy started barking he ran to the door yelling "Cha-Cha's home!!!!!"

Levi was not as enthusiastic about going back to daycare. He has thrown a fit a few times but gets over it quickly and is always in a good mood at the end of the day. They did have a small fall out over using the potty. He down right refused to use the bathroom and would hold it until he had a diaper at nap. One day he woke up dry so she told him he had to stay in the bathroom until he went and he got really mad, but did do it eventually. This week we are trying a little reward chart with stickers because he's highly motivated by that. Plus, Charlie thinks a reward for Levi = reward for Charlie so he's been on his case to use the bathroom at daycare. haha.
  I'm trying to figure out ECFE for Levi because he wants to go to school so bad too and keeps asking when his school starts. I will likely just drop in on the days I have off when there are kids his age there.  I know he thinks he wants to go, but I highly doubt he will actually separate anyways. Throw in a baby in a few weeks and we'll just see how it goes and maybe in the spring we can find something that will work for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment