Sunday, July 25, 2010

5 months of fun!

I can't believe Charlie is 5 months old today. It seems like just yesterday he was born, yet at the same time I can't remember life without him, almost like he's been around forever. We had a jam packed week. We were home just long enough to wash clothes & repack just to take off again. We went down to Spring Valley to watch Tyler at the fair this week. Since our trips down south are always so short & scheduled, it was nice to not have much planned & just go with the flow. Tuesday night we visited Darren, Tiff, & Isabel in Grand Meadow. This was the first official meeting of Isabel & Charlie. She really liked him, she's definitely be ready to a big sister this winter!
Wednesday & Thursday we watched Tyler show his sheep & his cattle at the fair. Since he is old enough for state fair this year, he was very excited to get a trip with his calf. We had sort of planned on heading home after the cattle show Thursday but decided to extend our trip. We watched Tyler show his cattle again on Saturday in the open show and then made our way back home. My mom & Tyler also entered a couple of pictures of Charlie in open class photography. This is one Tyler took & edited with photoshop (which reminds me, I need to ask him how to do that)Charlie did awesome at the fair. There were a couple of pretty hot & sticky days, lots of new people wanting to entertain him, lots of noises & dirt. Grandpa & Grandma had to take him on the merry-go-round. He was not impressed with that adventure. I think Grandpa, Grandma, Ryan, Tyler, Great Grandma Evers & others had a lot of fun getting to spend so much time with him but it was definitely time to come home, get an extra long bath with lots of splashes, & for everyone to sleep in their own beds again.
Besides becoming quite the sitter, Charlie also had his first big giggle attack on Friday. We really had him going for awhile. It's so fun to hear him laugh. One last thing, I weighed Charlie on the bathroom scale this morning & it said 19.8 lbs. Granted this was with a clean diaper & clothes on, but it should be pretty accurate. I'm glad we got the bigger infant car seat, I'm not ready for the convertible car seat quite yet.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you need to ask your younger brother about Photoshop...uh, be sure to pass his answer on to me, too! I can't believe Charlie's 5 months already. Time doees seem to be flying by...

    ReplyDelete