Monday, May 17, 2010

A Little Gopher

Our big adventure last week was attending Uncle Ryan and future Aunt Molly's graduation from the U of M on Friday night. We gathered at Mannings for dinner beforehand and there were all kinds of people vying for Charlie's love and affection. Charlie was not having all of the attention, I think it was too loud. This made me wonder how in the world he would sit through commencement. Lucky for us, he took a little nap at the beginning and then sat very contently through the entire thing. Afterwards, he even decided to be a little social and visit with some of his admirers.

This was the first thing I bought for the baby last summer. I remember getting 3-6 months because it seemed so tiny and I was sure that 0-3 months would never fit.





Besides the success I felt at getting through commencement without a baby meltdown, that was nothing compared to what was coming next. Charlie had ate around 5. I figured by the time the ceremony was over he'd be getting bent out of shape but when we walked back to the car he fell asleep. Next concern: Charlie will wake up and scream the entire way home. Nope, slept the whole way. When we got home Erik wanted to watch some TV so he said he'd wait until he woke up and feed him. I went to bed, woke up around 3 and decided I must have slept pretty hard to not hear him. I came out and was shocked to see him still passed out in the carseat. He woke up at 4:15, ate and went back to sleep for a couple of hours. OK, so if you do the math, he went over 11 hours without eating...confirming my thoughts that he really can sleep all night if he wants. Saturday night = REPEAT PERFORMANCE!! Brooke & Rissa were up visiting (we concluded Charlie doesn't appreciate any time he has less than 100% of mom's attention) and he fell asleep in his swing when we were eating supper. I left him in there and he again slept until 4:15. Now I'm very excited. After 2 nights of 5 consecutive hours of sleep plus more after feeding him, I felt like a different person and I was kind of excited for bedtime again. I wish I could report we got a 3-peat...but we were back to our old games last night- 11, 11:30, 2:00 at which point I put him in the swing and went back to bed. This leads me to conclude that he doesn't like his crib, we will keep working on that I guess.

It was so nice out yesterday it was good to get out and get some fresh air. Charlie really likes being outside, it's our go-to place when he freaks out. Yesterday him and I sat on the porch for awhile and I read to him("Are you there Vodka? It's me Chelsea" - not exactly a children's book but he didn't seem to care). We also watched Erik attempt to groom Daisy who is working on shedding that winter coat. Daisy is kind of hyper so we are working on getting her to control herself around Charlie.

Last weekend I was doing some shopping and realized I'm glad we decided not to find out the gender of the baby...we would be broke! I have to try very hard to hold myself back from buying everything because it's all so cute. I also realized when I was going through some pictures that I always take pictures when he's wearing the same outfit. It's really strange but I did get some in different clothes this week :) He loves the catepillar he got from Pastor Linda. It squeaks, rattles & crunches.



Sounds like he just woke up and realized I put him in that silly crib again (how DARE you mommy!).

1 comment:

  1. Nice vodka book, Megan. :) I'm glad you had at least two really good nights sleep. Isn't it amazing what a difference it makes??

    ReplyDelete