Sunday, May 9, 2010

2 month appt & Mothers Day

One year ago I would have never imagined that we would be celebrating Mothers Day this year! I've been a little behind so let's try to get caught up.

Charlie had his 2 month appointment the last week in April. "Moose Jr" weighed 14 pounds 3 ounces and was 24.5" long putting him in the 95th percentile for both height and weight. He had 3 shots that day and did pretty well with them. His little face scruntched up and got very red but calmed down right away. I hear it gets worse once they can remember and associate the doctor with shots. He was a little fussy later in the afternoon but some Tylenol seemed to help.

Last weekend Uncle Tyler came up to visit and hang out with Charlie. I helped put on a bridal shower for one of my besties so Tyler came along and helped entertain Charlie.


I'm not sure what changed but there were about 3 days/nights last week where Charlie decided he longer believed in sleep. He wouldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time at night and would not nap during the day....it was a very long few days. Then all of a sudden he must have worn himself out because Wednesday night he slept from 9pm-5:30am. This was a little slice of heaven for me and I considered it an early Mothers Day present. I went up and replaced the Nuk once and heard him squirm a couple of times but he went back to sleep. I have yet to get a repeat performance but I know that he can do it now so hopefully he will make it a habit soon! Here are some pictures of the happier times of the week. He has really found his hands lately so he always looks like a little boxer.




One of Charlie's favorite things to do (besides sing songs of course) is to play on the floor with this thing (I have no idea what its called). I put him on the mat and he's calm and as soon as I put the thing over him he starts to kick and make noises and he'll let me know as soon as the music turns off.


Erik & Charlie had boys weekend as I headed down to LaCrosse last night for Sarah's bachelorette party. This was not only my 1st night away from Charlie but also my post baby social debut. It was a lot of fun (especially because I had my 2am energy surge) but I was ready to get back home today. The rest of our first Mothers Day we have just been hanging out. Charlie fell asleep in his swing when we got done eating supper so I think I'm going to head to bed and leave him there until he wakes up...which I am sure will be about 20 minutes after I get into bed. He slept really good for Erik last night so hopefully he does the same again tonight. Happy Mothers Day to my mother & grandma and everyone else who is blessed to have the BEST job in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment