Sunday, March 8, 2015

Nora - 5 months

Nora is 5 months old! 


 We'll get sleep out of the way right away. No, still not sleeping thru the night on a regular basis. She continues to do what she wants, when she wants and gets up at varying hours. I have noticed a bit more of a pattern to her day time sleeping. Usually by 9am she is ready for a nap and then she takes another nap in the afternoon and another cat nap in the early evening. The duration of the naps is all over the board. Most of her afternoon naps are in the swing, morning naps depend on if we are home or not. Her sleep cues are pretty obvious  - her little eyes get all red and it's about the only time she's fussy.  Sometimes Dad can get her to sleep, but usually mom has to save her. She continues to sleep in the rock n' play at night. She goes to bed between 9-10pm and always nurses to sleep. She will NOT stay sleeping until she is absolutely stuffed. Maybe this will be the month to make the transition to her room...or maybe not. She has been waking up and just making noises at night more often but not needing anything. This will be a benefit of moving her upstairs. Sleep...I am over it, I don't even care anymore (even though I just wrote a huge paragraph about it). It could be worse and since I'm not willing to do anything about it yet, I can't complain.



 We haven't started solids yet. She still appears to be getting enough to eat. She's moved up to size 3 diapers and is wearing all different sizes of clothes. 

She has discovered her feet and she is a fan. She loves grabbing her feet and pulling her socks off. Whenever we take her diaper off she slams her legs up and down on the changing pad and stretches out. She also grabs at toys and puts them in her mouth, too. Her best trick is still blowing raspberries. She does it all of the time and will copy us when we do it. She is ticklish & has the best laugh. She lights up when she sees her mama, dad, or brothers.
This month we also had a little stomach flu go through everyone. It started with Levi and went all around. It was not fun. Nora & I had it but we both bounced back pretty quickly. We have been fortunate that we all have been healthy all winter until that horrible week.



She rolled over for the 1st (& only) time on Charlie's birthday. I told Erik that I would be really sad if she rolled over and I somehow missed it since I'm always with her. Well it just so happened that Erik took the day off for Charlie's birthday and we both got to see her do it. She doesn't mind being on her tummy but doesn't like sleeping on her tummy. I was reading Levi's 5 month post and it said he was rolling all over at 5 months. I am beyond OK with her not being mobile. Levi also had a couple of teeth at 5 months and Nora's got nothing. Her first tooth should come about 1 week after she starts sleeping through the night :)


Likes:
  • Singing
  • Ergo naps
  • Swing & bouncy seat
  • Her feet
  • Pulling off socks
  • Baths
  • Getting scared by Charlie & Levi (or just watching them)
 Dislikes:
  • When mom is distracted
  • Bottles
  • Vitamin drops (gags, cries & spits it all out)
  • Sleeping all night
  • being held on your shoulder

1 comment: