I've been writing about baby #3 for a few months now and finally got around to posting them all. Charlie has about 1 million photos from his first years of life. Levi has monthly updates for his first 2 years of life and not nearly as many pictures. I figure keeping a sort of pregnancy journal might be about all #3 gets...sorry baby, I will try. We still like you. Other posts here.
**********
Written 5.27.2014
Due Date: October 12, 2014.
Symptoms: I have had some nasty, nasty headaches recently. Like, full blown nausea, super light sensitive, etc. Tylenol doesn't touch these bad boys. My doc said she is fine with Ibuprofen in the 2nd tri but I haven't used it yet. The headaches are probably a combo of hormone overload and possibly allergies. My ears have been super sore lately too so I had her check them on Friday. She said they were full of fluid but weren't infected which is likely the result of allergies. I have no other allergy type symptoms but will probably settle on some Benadryl if needed to relieve some pressure (and bonus, get a good night sleep!). Will probably also try the chiro again as he was able to get them to drain a couple of weeks ago and I felt much better after that.
What's different this time: Since I'm pregnant at the opposite time of the year this time, trying to figure out what to wear since a lot of my clothes are winter'ish and I have a lot of dress pants. I hate buying clothes anyways and it's even worse trying to buy maternity clothes that are going to be used for such short term. Working part time helps because I don't need a ton of variety and I don't mind wearing the same things over and over again. Hoping that with not working this summer I can get by with very little but I did buy a few more things to hopefully get through.
Cravings/Aversions: Why is cereal the best thing ever for pregnant people? I am always a cereal lover but really don't eat it all that much. But when I'm pregnant, it is the most amazing evening snack.
Sleep: Getting up frequently to go to the bathroom. Even if I go 3 times in the hour leading up to bedtime, I still can't seem to always make it through the night. Other than that, lots of time spent awake between 2-4am several nights a week. Grrrr!!!
I miss: Consistent full nights of sleep. Hopefully by May of 2015 I will be able to sleep all night again?
I am looking forward: Ultrasound. Still a big deal even if you don't find out the gender.
Best moment this week: Another OB check last week. Levi got to go with me and it went really well. Heartbeat was low 150's and everything looked good which put my mind at ease a little (see next question). Also, we had a nice weekend of NOT going far from home. A Memorial Day gathering with some college friends on Sunday night & lots of time spent outside around home made for a great weekend after weeks of running around/sitting in the car.
I'm stressing about: I have been much more paranoid the past few weeks then I possibly ever have been during pregnancy. It's that awkward stage where there is movement happening but it's not super regular or intense so it always leaves me wondering if everything is ok. It probably bothers me more now than it did first tri because everyone knows now.
Milestones: Not sure if I mentioned it in previous updates but I did the quad screen at the appt at 15 weeks and that came back normal. Also, half way already!
Movement: There is definite movement happening now.
It's a...: TBD in about 20 weeks! I really hope we don't accidentally find out at our ultrasound. As much as I want to know, I would prefer not to find out in the ultrasound room, especially because we see something not intended for our eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cereal is the best pregnancy treat! I hope the ultrasound goes well!
ReplyDelete