Monday, May 26, 2014

what we've been up to

Random updates:

Charlie:
  • Loves playing Uno before bed
  • Reading stories out of the big Usbourne Farm Book. He also got a new tractor book from his great grandma that is just completely obsessed with. 
  • Kites

  • Our chickens. He's a pretty good helper and likes filling up the waterers and feeders.
  • He does not like bugs or spider webs and refused to go out to the chickens for a day because he was scared of little bitty cobwebs up in the rafters.
  • Driving the lawn mower and trailer from the water pump back to the shed.
  • His BFF Danika was gone from daycare for a few weeks and he was so excited when she finally came back. He had to go in on a day he had school and just Levi had daycare just to say hi to her. 
  • When farmers will start combining corn...haha

  • Little bit of a drama queen stage here: Currently obsessed with ice packs and need one for a different ailment almost every night. Sore throat, tummy ache, being tired, eyes, fingers, elbows...an ice pack is the key to the cure.
  • He made some awesome Mother's Day projects at preschool this year. 
It's true, I like to wear the same clothes everyday.

  • Speaking of school, his last day was Friday. He's already excited for next year when he will get to go 3x a week.
  • Changed a lot from September - May!

Levi
  • Any kind of Roll ups, pizza, bananas. I think it's all he thinks about. oh and DO-NUTS, Coo-kies & cuuu-cakes

  • Skid loaders & tractors. He is getting really good at playing by himself. He also loves "cooking" and putting food in the real oven. I had to put a note on it to remind myself to check before turning it on after an unfortunate incident regarding some play food and dishes.
  • He's been talking about his friends "Jack" & "Mace" from daycare a lot more. 
  • Argue the opposite of whatever Charlie is trying to say just to be a pain
  • He LOVES Sandy. When we were at the farm last weekend the first words out of his mouth at 6am were "Me go to the farm & pet Sandy!" He thinks all of the red ones are named Sandy. He also loves chasing the cows out of the barn "Go outside moo moos" feeding the calves & kitties milk, feeding hay, riding in the skidloader and doing pretty much anything outside. He also growls "COME ON" whenever he's pretending to chase something. It's so funny.
  • Being picky
  • Really likes peanut butter.
  • I think he might get into things slightly less than he has been. But he still gets in plenty of mischief.
  • "Driving" & swatting my hands away from the steering wheel
  • Telling everyone to "be nice" or saying "bad.bad.bad"
  • Singing baa baa black sheep, abc's, BINGO and choo choo. He refuses to let me record him do any of them.
  • Recreational potty training. He's only interested in going at home. Anywhere else he refuses to sit on the potty and says "go potty at me house. tay?"
  • We were outside running around most of Friday and Friday night I noticed he all of a sudden was very clingy & kind of red. I thought maybe he just got a little too much sun but when I brought him in he was flopping around on the floor and clearly didn't feel well. He had 103 fever!! Bad mom!!! He still wasn't feeling great on Saturday and was really warm again despite motrin. He started telling me his mouth hurt so I ended up taking him to urgent care on Saturday night. He was diagnosed with a really nasty ear infection. Of course he wouldn't let them get a good in his mouth look but they said even if it was strep the drugs for his ear will clear that up too. He's not stuffed up at all but he is a drooling machine again. I was only slightly annoyed when the dr at urgent care asked me if he was teething. As if I didn't think of that one....and no, he got his 2 year molars a long time ago. 


The rest of us:
  • Erik has been around quite a bit which is a nice change from January-March. Spring weather can sometimes lead to last minute changes in plans but it hasn't been too bad.
  • We are itching to get the garden planted but can't seem to get enough nice days to dry it out. We were getting close and then got another 1"+ of rain on Monday. We have 10 tomato plants from grandma and some peppers that we'd love to get in the ground. I don't think I will be very helpful with garden tasks come late September & October!
  • I was 20 weeks with baby #3 yesterday. Time is flying!
  • We've got materials to build bunk beds, we just have to wait until the chickens are gone so we have room to work on them. 
  • In 2 weeks we will be done with our inaugural chicken raising adventure. We haven't been having very good luck & it's pretty frustrating because I am a problem solver and can't figure out how to solve the problem (the problem is them just dropping over dead when they look perfectly fine one minute).  I'm not sure if we had the wrong expectation that once we got through the first week we'd be good to go or what. It could also just be the breed. Hopefully we can get through these next couple of weeks.
This was a couple of weeks ago, they are much bigger now.
  • Erik built a toy box for Grandpa & Grandma to give to Haiden for his birthday & a little step stool. I like the step stool, it was super cute. 
  • I have finished Friday Night Lights & have the last season of Breaking Bad on hold at the library. Then what will I do? Summer TV is even worse than rest of the year TV and since Erik likes to go outside after the boys are in bed I usually stay in. Thinking about rewatching Parenthood. Or Downton Abby. It just has to be able to be downloaded otherwise our internet can't keep up and it's a real snooze fest. I've also started making some advent calendars that I'm hoping to sell. And of course there are several other projects I would love to get up the ambition to do but just haven't yet (ordering pictures, blurb books for 2010, 2011, & 2013, among other things...)
     

     

     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment