Monday, May 12, 2014

Baby #3 - 18 weeks

Written 5.12.2014

Due Date: October 12, 2014. (exactly 5 months to go!)

Symptoms: lower back pain. it's hard to describe but it's the area that bothered me the most postpartum with Levi. Right now it's mostly random shooting pain/numbness. Makes me hobble around a bit sometimes. When I get up from sitting down or lying on the couch, it is the worst. Just stiff. 


What's different this time: Not sure. With both Charlie & Levi school would have been back in session by now. Not sure how I would handle teaching right now. 

Cravings/Aversions: Orange juice. yum. I've also had my fair share of Capri Sun lately. Definitely not something we have ever purchased before but of course the boys love having it and I almost always get caught trying to sneak one and then we all have to have one. 


Sleep: I thought I was getting an ear infection last week and it knocked me out pretty hard for a couple of days.  A couple of trips to the chiro and I felt much better but it made me extra tired. I'm not a very good sick person and can't even remember the last time I had a cold so I am lucky. 

I miss: Jeanna posted a pic of a very frosty looking beer last week and I wanted it. Really badly. I think that will get worse as the weather warms up.

I am looking forward to: The ultrasound. 


Best moment this week: Charlie made some super cute Mothers Day things at preschool including a survey about his mom. His answers were awesome. 


I'm stressing about: I wouldn't stay stressing, but starting to think about what I might like to have as a birthing situation. Trying to minimize the amount of stress put on my tailbone and hoping to ask some questions about how we might be able to accomplish this. Other thoughts are just get an epidural since that will take away the pain temporarily.  Also, money. 

Milestones: Feeling movement


Movement: Starting to feel some movement here and there. Getting excited for bigger & more defined jabs & I think Charlie especially will love baby kicks.

It's a...: 
I told Erik that I thought of something I wanted for Mother's Day and that it was FREE and would not require him to do anything. He was interested and then I told him I just wanted to find out the sex of the baby. Haha that probably wasn't very nice of me to back him into a corner like that, but it was funny to see his response. I still think I would chicken out and not find out though. You just can't take that back once you know. Still looking like it will be a surprise. I can honestly say I really have no preference this time. With Levi I did really, really want him to be a boy. But obviously I would have been just as happy with a girl. I love the idea of 3 boys all close together in age, but I would also love to have a daughter just as much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment