Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas programs

Charlie had his Sunday School Christmas program debut in mid-December. The little ones just had to sing a couple of songs. They didn't get much time to work on the songs so I worked with Charlie to at least get him to learn Away in a Manger the week of the program. He got it down but when it was time for the big moment, he just stood there and stared. The church was packed so I'm sure he was super nervous. I'm proud of him for at least standing in the front. The other song he will sing a lot at home too. During the song he happened to turn around and see the big screen TVs and then just stared at that the whole time :)
 
I got him to sing Away in a Manger for me a few times one morning so I could record it. The first was really quiet, the 2nd time super obnoxious & the 3rd time nice. Levi also loves doing the actions for the song. We're still singing it on a very regular basis.
 
A few days later he had his little program at preschool. You can't expect much from 13 3-yr olds (10 of which are boys). I know Charlie knew the words but again he just stood there. Annnnnd after a couple of minutes he just sat down & had a blank stare the rest of the time. So funny. And of course he was next to his friend who was by far the most animated kid! This was also the long term sub Ms Marina's last day so he will have a new teacher (& a newly built classroom!) when they go back after break. Hopefully he will transition well with both!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment