Monday, September 16, 2013

yaaaaaayyyy gophers!

We took the boys to their first gopher game on Saturday. We were able to get cheap tickets as CFANS alumni. I had visions of it being a complete disaster but we had a great time. Since it was a non-conference game and we were up in the nose bleeds, we had lots of space and didn't have to worry about keeping them in a seat. The weather was also perfect! And to make it even better, we took the campus connector from st. paul to minneapolis which means A.) we got to ride a bus and B.) the bus runs right along the train tracks, which had moving trains on it! Win-Win. Charlie also made sure he pointed out every single airplane that he seen, which was a lot :)

Tailgating with 2 kids is different then when you're a student.
He really likes saying "TOUCHDOWN!"

1st quarter - all is well

2nd quarter - getting antsy.
The 3rd quarter got very long and it was getting tough to keep them entertained/not fighting over the bucket tractor. Then during the 4th quarter, Levi finally crashed (with tractors in hand). This might be the 2nd or 3rd time ever he has fallen asleep on somebody's lap. 

We left with just a few minutes left of the game and walked back out to the tailgating lot to get our sweatshirts. Since everyone was still in good spirits we decided to stay and have lunch. The boys wandered across to these young collegians and interrupted their game. They let them play for a long time & the boys loved all of the cheering & attention.

We trucked back over & rode the bus back to st. paul & both boys crashed almost immediately in the car. 

Oh, and the gophers won! 

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I have yet to go to a game at TCF Stadium, and I even work there! I think I went ONCE during college (at the metrodome though so that wasn't as fun). Need to go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day for your family! We're going to the Nebraska game next month and I'm so excited. TCF is an awesome stadium for sure ... just glad not to be WORKING at it this year!

    ReplyDelete