We had the best day today! First of all, the weather was PERFECT. I can't even remember the last time it was so nice outside for an entire day (let alone a weekend day!). I think the last mostly sunny day we had was last Thursday, so we were due and we took advantage.
Our garden is coming along but our beans and carrots didn't come up for some reason. So we started our morning by seeing if it was dry enough to replant. It was still too wet to till so Charlie & I hooked up a section of a drag & ran over it with the mower a few times to try to break up the crusty layer on top & help it dry. Erik put Levi down for a nap & then left to drive tractor so I decided to work on our herb garden. We decided to try a pallet garden for that & keep it closer to the house to keep the rabbits away. We wrapped the bottom in plastic to keep the weeds out and added some boards on the side to keep the soil in. I bought a package that had 4 types of herb seeds in it & I didn't want to fill the whole pallet with dirt so we got out the power tools & shortened up our garden :) We were just finishing our planting when Levi woke up.
 |
| When dad leaves, we get out his tools. |
Then we had a picnic lunch. Meaning I made some lunch & we sat in front of the house under the trees (& locked Daisy & Patty in the garage). I know the bugs will be out soon and I thought they'd have fun eating outside. We had sandwiches, fruit & celery with ranch. I bought some reusable squeezy containers recently and have found the perfect solution to use the "baby food" puree I made that Levi never ate. They love eating out of them
 |
| Fruit puree apparently tastes way better in squeeze packs |
 |
| Ice cream for dessert! |
Erik said Charlie could come ride in the digger with him so I took him down for a ride. He rode in the digger for awhile & the did a few rounds in the corn planter too. We came back home with the intentions of taking naps but that didn't happen for 1/2 of the party.
 |
| Impressed by "all of those wheels" |
 |
| "Sorry mom, there's no room for you & Levi" |
Later in the day, we went to a graduation party which happened to be at the park so after eating & visiting we played for awhile. They really love the park and both go kind of nuts. Charlie asks several times a day if we can go. Levi is a big fan of slides. He hasn't quite figured out how to sit on his butt and go down. Most of the time he'll go down on his belly feet first but there is one slide in particular that he basically does a suicide dive. And he's squealing in delight the entire time. Luckily that slide isn't too big so he doesn't chute out the end. Definitely can't do that at our house though.
When we got home Charlie played with the neighbor girls for awhile & I tilled up the garden to replant that little area hopefully tomorrow. Levi & I also cleaned up a few little strawberries we had on our plants! By the time we got in the house it was time for bed & Erik left to drive tractor again.
Getting all of this fresh air is tiring for everyone! Charlie tried pretty hard to convince me he was not tired but it didn't take him long to fall asleep tonight. It was so nice to finally get outside and burn off some energy!
What a great idea with the pureed fruit! It's all about presentation I guess. Looks like you had a terrific, action packed day. Love all of the pics, esp the ones of the boys standing on their heads. Love to all, Grandma K
ReplyDelete