Monday, April 30
6:04 - I wake up and see that it is 6:00. Holy crap. Both boys just slept through the night. I have gotten over 7 hours of sleep. They must have been worn out from the big weekend at Grandma's. I also decide that the new swaddle sacks I bought are helping Levi sleep better because he's not smacking himself in the face all night. I promise myself not to get too excited about Levi sleeping all night. I get up to pump. I am currently in a never ending battle with myself on whether to continue nursing or just pump and bottle feed. I am sick of trying to get Levi's latch just right, he refuses to stick out his bottom lip most of the time.. Boo fractured tail bone & all of your secondary problems you have caused us. You are still messing up my life.
6:30 - Done pumping, house is still quiet so I go back to bed
7:20 - At some point Erik's alarm went off and we both kept sleeping. Then Levi got up so I fed him the still warm bottle. Erik goes upstairs to work.
7:45 - I hear Charlie talking to himself and can't figure out why he won't come downstairs. Then I remember that I shut the gate at the top of the stairs. He's waiting patiently to be let out. His mood is better than I expected (he's way short on sleep), dual diaper changes. Charlie is excited that his Cars shirt is clean...he hasn't worn it since Saturday. Also note request #1-3 to watch Cars.
8:00 - Charlie breakfast. He picks out his cereal and has decided to self serve today. That would be an "I do it." Seconds later I hear the classic toddler line "ooppies, a mess." Luckily he also cleans up after himself. Never mind that the cereal he dumped on the floor goes back into the bowl. I also got to eat breakfast at this time! Woohoo!
8:15- Charlie helps me start a load of diapers. We leave a Levi on the floor in Erik's office and take off for town to daycare. He wants to drive and tries to crawl over the back seat. On the way to town he points out every tractor, cow, horse, and bus that he sees and we check for trains. Once at daycare, he runs to the driver side and tries to open the door. When we go in he fake pouts but is quickly over it when he learns the kids are watching Cars....Halleluiah.
9:00 - Get back home to find a sleeping Levi. I put him in the swing and get on the computer to finish an FFA article for the paper, send some emails & have a convo with some students via text about the banquet. I really need to stop doing this because someday they are going to get their phones taken away for texting in class & I can just hear them saying who they were texting. I'm sure that would make for some interesting convos with administration and parents. Oh well.
9:30 - pump again.
10:00- I decide to start the dishes figuring Levi will be up soon. I tackle the pump parts & bottles. I loathe washing bottles & pump parts and that is the biggest reason I keep nursing. However when I pump I get more than he eats...this morning I take another 15oz (this is extra since last night with another 8 still in the fridge) out to the freezer and get a little giddy about my freezer stash as I know how fast it will go down once we have to use it. I got really excited to finish the diaper laundry because the sun was coming out and I wanted to hang them outside so I restart the washer and begin the massive clean up from our weekend away since we basically dumped everything in the house last night and left it. Ugh. I am happy that we did a couple of loads of laundry while we were away so most of our clothes are clean. I was going to take a picture of the mess but decided I don't need to remember this. I also unloaded the dishwasher & refilled it.
11:30 - Holy morning nap! Levi finally gets up. I decide to nurse him and he does pretty good. I change his diaper twice and we have some tummy time & lots of smiles on the floor.
12:30 back to sleep, I can't believe how sleepy this kid is. I look at the daunting pile of mess and decide an afternoon snooze with the baby is way better. During this time Erik takes the diaper laundry out and hangs it on the line. I also got 2 packages today, 1 was FFA awards the other was additional birth announcements. Pet peeve: when companies charge what I think is a lot for shipping and then send a ridiculously large box that's not very full. Annoying.
| Seriously. Smaller packaging would be appreciated. |
1:45 I get up and do some more emails, make some phone calls (a SS card that hasn't shown up yet?), take Levi's 2 month ASQ survey, eat some leftover pork from Tyler's confirmation and wait patiently for Levi to wake up. Still avoiding serious clean up but do manage to get some stuff put away & start a load of children & towel laundry.
3:00 Levi gets up and I nurse him again. Maybe we can still do this? I'm sure I will change my mind another 1,000 times in the next day. After 2 diaper changes & an outfit change (I wasn't planning on him taking another 2.5 hour nap and put a too small diaper on him) we're back to more smiling and playing. He is now super smiley.
4:45 - Erik finishes up work and heads back into town to pick up Charlie and a few groceries. Levi decides to take another nap & naps on the couch next to me while I start typing up our day. I also put a lasagna in the oven that I made before Levi was born and had in the freezer.
5:45 - The boys are back home. While Charlie is usually pleasant to shop with apparently tonight he was not having it. Car driving (with no keys), dog chasing & tractor driving ensue.
| Going to find the tractors. |
| Waiting for Dad to hook up the water |
| Going for a cruise around the yard. Disclaimer: There is nothing in the sprayer, as evidenced by all of the "flowers" in the yard. |
| Cloth diapers are a bit bulkier but I really need to bust out all of the 3-6 month clothes. For now I will just leave the bottoms unsnapped. |
8:00 - Levi decides to take a nap. Charlie & I head upstairs with some books. We have been having some bedtime battles & are trying hard to get him to fall asleep on his own. We read some books and then I tell him he can keep on reading his books until he falls asleep. I leave the room with the door part way open and sit in the hall. I can hear him talking to himself but no crying and no getting out of bed. WIN!
8:20 - Ha!!! I win!! Sneak downstairs.
8:21- Half way down the stairs I hear, "noooooo. come back here please!" UGHHHH! Soon he's at the stairs so back up I go. 15 minutes & several trips of catching him at the door & putting him back in bed & he gives up. He also says, "CUP! Where are you, cup?" And I have to hold back my laughter. Almost everything that comes out of this kids mouth makes me laugh.
9:00- Start stuffing diapers. Do 1 and decide the rest can wait until tomorrow. Plus, Levi is awake again. I change him, feed him, swaddle him & to bed he goes! It's still after 10 before I go to bed.
So sad you found me through thrush. BOOOO.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you are dealing with some complications from your birth and also the breastfeeding complications. Life is already tricky enough with two small kids! Hope it eases up for you very soon.
PS - Yay! Cloth diaper people :)
Our thrush problems were very minor compared to yours...the baby never even really got it luckily. Whew! Yet. Wait. I should just not comment at all.
DeleteI just LOVE how your day is pretty much exactly like mine... except now I'm back to work. Keep up with the nursing. Evelyn's latch wasn't perfect but she's definitely getting enough to eat and I can handle the extra soreness, so we continue. We still have not been brave enough to tackle the big boy bed. It's in his room serving double duty as a toybox at the moment. I also hate huge packaging for not much "stuff"! They really getchya on the shipping costs.
ReplyDeleteI just get a kick out of how much we have in common now! Some day Charlie and Brooks will have to meet each other. I think they would make great buddies.
I didn't know you got a broken tailbone!!! Ouch! That's awful! ~Anne
Charlie has tried to convince me he wants to sleep in the crib a couple of times. Weird. I have a feeling when Levi goes in there he will get rather territorial over it.
DeleteYeah, I've had some issues this time around. I'm glad Levi's an easy baby & that I didn't have these problems first time around or I'm not sure I would have been as easy to convince for #2!
Cars is the best boy movie ever! I broke my tailbone during a birth too (I assume it was broken, they wouldn't xray it). It hurt for a year! Awful. I hope yours is better soon!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I so did not even know this tailbone thing could happen until it did. Did it bother you with subsequent births?
DeleteAnd yes, Cars isn't so bad. There is WAY worse!
Those are some cute boys you've got! I know what you mean, with the toddler "I do it" attitude. My almost-3-year-old has been insisting on doing it all herself for at least a year. I tell myself that it's actually very good and should be encouraged, but sometimes it can be frustrating when it results in messes and running late.. Oh well, they make life interesting!
ReplyDeleteOh I am right there with you on being asked to watch Cars eleven billion times a day. Too funny.
ReplyDeleteAwesome clothesline, wish I could have one of those!
Thrush is evil.
YES! Freezer meals always take longer than I think they should/are going to.
Hope you can get through this hump with the breastfeeding issues. Ugh, So sorry, that's so hard.
I am so with you on the ridiculous shipping rates, it just kills me to pay for shipping and I often avoid ordering things just because of shipping charges... is that rational, no.. but it just irks me so much. Sorry to hear about your thrush AND your tailbone, ouch! We are in the battle with thrush here now too and it is no fun!
ReplyDeleteI love how Charlie says "where are you cup?" Kids say the funniest things and often when you are trying to be so serious - like getting them to stay in bed.
ReplyDeleteLooks like our kiddos are close to the same ages - I have a 2 year old girl and a 2 month old boy, but thankfully my 2 year old is still in daycare while I'm on maternity leave with my son! She's a handful sometimes and it's definitely nice to have some alone time with just the baby :) So jealous of how well Levi naps!!
ReplyDeleteHa, oops, I now connected your blog to your comments on my blog where you already pointed out that we have kids the same ages :) Duh!
Delete