One night last week I took Charlie upstairs and put him to bed like usual. He was not happy which was very unlike him at bedtime as he usually goes down really easy. When I went in to see what was up he said he wanted out & when I took him out he grabbed his stuff and took off on the run for the other bedroom. He proceeded to climb into the twin bed & proclaim, "my bed, my pillow." And that was the end of the crib. We had tried a couple of times randomly to get him to go into the bed but he was never interested. He is definitely one who decides he's going to do something and then just goes with it. We put a twin mattress on the floor without the boxspring and he does pretty good, has fallen out a few times but that doesn't even wake him up. It has been a little bit of an adjustment as he wants us to lie down with him (I can hardly resist it when he says, "mama, down" and pats the pillow) and he has been waking up a few times during the night sometimes but overall we're impressed with how smooth of a transition he has made. We are hoping this change will be solid before baby comes & that we will be able to keep some sort of consistency with his routine.When I mentioned his sudden change at daycare she said he had recently started napping on the floor with the big kids instead of the pack and play so I'm assuming that is where he decided he was too big for the crib.
While Erik was ice fishing on Saturday, Charlie and I did some hard core nesting. We moved all of his clothes into his new room & he helped hang the wall decals on the wall. We have learned we can't keep anything fun in the room but so far he has been good at staying in the bed. We are 1 for 2 with naps...when it's light out it's easier to be distracted.
 |
| Packing for the big move. |
 |
| Excellent decal placement. |
No comments:
Post a Comment