Last week was the McLeod County Fair. The FFA does a barnyard there so we got to spend a few days helping out. It's a great county fair & the days we had to work were the same as the dairy show days so we had something else to keep us busy. Charlie liked most of the animals, except for the sheep. I took him into the poultry barn which was very loud and he loved that, but one sheep would baaa and he would start to scream.
It was so humid the lens on the camera kept fogging up, but he was not scared of the horse!
Helping out in the barnyard.


The only other thing we seem to do as of late is deal with our garden. We have spent a few nights canning salsa, tomato sauce & green beans. We cheat & buy the package salsa mix so we just have to add the tomatoes, but it still takes a lot of time. Obviously Charlie couldn't help, so he read the paper instead. He got to it before Dad, so I'm not sure how much Dad got out of it.

I was going to suggest canning salsa for all of your tomatoes - I think we have 40+ jars of salsa or tomato sauce that Scott canned! I can't believe how cute Charlie is!
ReplyDelete