Monday, September 6, 2010

So long summer

We've been staying busy during the past few weeks.
--6 month pictures for Charlie. We weren't as pleased as the we were with the 3 month ones but still got some good shots. It made it a little easier to choose at least. The girl was just really rushed & got a lot of him looking the wrong way, etc.
--Mom was in her 2nd wedding for the summer.
--Dealing with the garden. We made enough pasta sauce & salsa to last for the year. Everything is now out except for the "fall crops". We also froze some more sweet corn (the super sweet stuff). Charlie has branched out & recently tried avacados along with experimenting with some Cheerios. They are fun to pick up but he hasn't quite figured out what to do with them yet. --Charlie turned 6 months old. Unbelievable. At his appointment he weighed 19 pounds, 5 oz and was 28" long. I think we had a mismeasure on his length at the last appointment, he is defenitely longer. This was the best he took the shots, he hardly cried & was happy within seconds. --Grandpa & Grandma Kappers bought this for Charlie for Christmas last year. I bet they didn't expect him to be playing with it already.
--And of course the biggest event was returning back to work. I had to work M-Th this past week getting ready. Inservice is easy...when the kids come back is a different story. My office & room are as clean & organized as they will be all year and I guess I'm ready. My class sizes seem to be on either end of the extreme...10, 13, 14, 25, 33, 35. It should be interesting. Charlie did pretty good at daycare. The first couple of days he wanted to be held all day and I'm sure he was adjusting to the difference in volume. He's tired at night & has been "sleeping in" of course since we have to be up early.
--Finally we went and bought a big area rug for our living room today. The $20 Menards special wasn't cutting it anymore & now Charlie has twice as much room to roll around and play.

1 comment:

  1. He's got such beautiful eyes! I hope the first week went well (minus calling the boy a girl... :) )

    ReplyDelete