School has started out really well, my classes are great, I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy less issues than I did last year, still working on 1 class. I was amazed some kids did grow up a little over the summer. I have a ton of new freshmen excited about my classes and joining FFA which makes the days much more entertaining. However, we are now into week 5, and I have yet to actually teach for a whole 5 day week...
The highlight of the month was getting our ultrasound done! The baby (we didn't find out what kind!) was measuring about 2 weeks behind what we thought so the tech wasn't able to get all of the measurements we needed, so we HAVE to go back and have another one sometime this month probably. Shucks.

The second week of school, we received the news that my Grandpa Kappers was in kidney failure and the family opted not to put him through dialysis. Erik and I were able to make a quick trip down to Spring Valley to help him celebrate his 86th birthday. Unfortunately, he passed away on 9/16, the day before his actual birthday. Almost 48 hours later, Grandma Kappers passed away and joined her husband of almost 65 years. They were both in the Nursing Home together and while it obviously sucked going through this (is there really a better word), it somehow helped knowing that she wanted to be with him and to see that kind of love. Back in the cow milking days, Ryan & I may have spent more time at Grandpa & Grandma's house (our farm) than we did at our own house. We take many wonderful memories with us & do not regret any of the times we spent with Grandpa & Grandma. We had a double funeral for them and they were buried together. Ryan, Tyler & I stayed at the cemetary and watched them be lowered into the ground at the same time. It was a beautiful fuuneral & it just seemed right having them both there together.
They were both so excited about the latest great grandchild on the way, Grandma told everyone in the nursing home before most of our friends knew. She also gave me lots of good advice on child rearing;) We were fortunate enough to get the ultrasound picture sent down there so she could see it before she passed.
Here's a picture of Grandpa & Grandma Kappers and all of the grandchildren & great-grandchildren taken at Thanksgiving last fall. This was the first time in many years we had all been together!

To add to the chaos, Erik & I celebrated 3 years of wedded bliss at the end of the month. Here's a great pic of Grandpa, Grandma, Erik & I at our wedding.

And this is still probably one of my favorite pictures from the wedding, taken by Aunt Sue

And of course, the bride & bridegroom :)

Last week would have been my first 5-day week and wouldn't you know, I got a nasty cold and took my first legitimate sick day ever on Friday, which just happened to be Homecoming :( Sidenote: Football team is undefeated, Friday night was the first game that hasn't been a shutout...maybe one of these days we'll get to a game.
Finally, on a night when the ENTIRE state of MN is probably tuned into the TV watching the Vikings vs. Packers, what am I doing???? Sitting in a riveting grad class titled Current Issues in Ag Education & Extension. It just got real exciting about 1/2 hour ago when I figured out how to access the internet so I could update the blog with high speed internet. Didn't you know, teachers make the worst students???
Oh boy, so you spent the time in the class writing this blog? Real nice, Megan! :) You did have a rough month, so I think it's ok that you didn't post anything. How about current pics, though??? We need a preggo belly!
ReplyDelete