WEIRD! I know! Two posts in one week :) But with all of this sitting through inservice, my brain is fried so it's a nice break.
Tomorrow marks the beginning of the prep football season. Let's get one thing straight, in Glencoe, football is a big deal. So, here's my 2009 football predictions, keep in mind I really don't follow football so this could be interesting.
We'll start with the hometwon boys. High expectations here - I mean they have won the State AAA Championship 3 years IN A ROW and I believe 5x since 2000...that's no small feat. Also, since moving to the new stadium in 2005, the Panthers are 26-0 when playing at home, that's ridiculous! Last year they almost lost 1 game, but with a minute left and down by 1 point, they let the other team score, blocked the extra point and then quickly scored a touchdown and a 2 point conversion to win the game. Seriously, that's talent! The entire offensive line graduated along with many other key players so we'll see who steps up to fill in. It should be an exciting season once again. The games are fun to go to. As this post is titled, when you go to a home game, it's like watching the movie "Friday Night Lights." It's not your typical high school field - it's the best around ;)
Next, the Gophers! A fabulous new stadium that I am dying to see on the inside! I hope the stadium magic will follow them in victories. I love watching college football and I'll be keeping my eyes on them. Let's hope for a decent bowl game this year and some consistency.
Last & certainly least I suppose are the Vikings. The NFL in general is really at the bottom of my list of cares and concerns. When Sunday afternoon comes around i would much rather nap. But, I liked Brett Favre when he was in Green Bay and it will be interesting to see what will happen. Even though I think he should have given up and retired a long time ago and went out in style, I will probably watch out of couriousity. I must admit, the other night as i was switching back and forth between the twins and vikings, they really didn't look that bad. I couldn't decide if that was really true, or if the team they were playing was not very good. But, with or without #4, the Vikings will more than likely continue to disappoint their fans just like they do year after year. I figure true Vikings fans are pretty hardcore coming back year after year of high hopes and failure. But, hey, prove me wrong!
P.S. The Panthers play one of our biggest rivals Hutchinson tomorrow night and it is the featured metro prep game of the week on WCCO! It should be a great non-conference match up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment