You know those moments where you have to step back and ask yourself, "Did that really just happen?" I have several of those WTF moments a day. Today I just had to share a few.
1. I am so exhausted at night that I can't function or accomplish anything. Yet recently MiniMe finds it amusing to assault me around 2am. While its nice to know all is well inside the oven, my first impression when being woken up every night is defenitely WTF. I was awake from 3-5:30ish this morning. One would think eventually I would get up and be productive with my day, but no. Instead I fall back asleep and then can't get up when I have to. I guess MiniMe is preparing me for things to come.
2. Next moment: A real conversation with a student today -
Student:(serious and almost mad look) "I can't believe you didn't bring candy for us today."
Me: "Why would I bring you candy?"
Student: "Because it's Halloween tomorrow."
Me: "Well did you bring me candy?"
Student: "No..." (insert confused look)
Me:"Then why would I bring you candy?"
Seriously.....
3. The best "moments" are when you are simply observing a situation. Tonight I went to Coborns to rent some movies. The people in front of me checking out had a little girl and she was........chewing on a kids meal toy from Burger King that was still in the plastic wrapper...the girl is chewing on plastic and all anybody seemed to be worried about was who was paying for what stack of rentals...
4. Daisy had a "moment" too. I could see it in her eyes when I got home from work tonight looking at me and wondering why she had to be tied up for 12 hours a day all week long while I've been gone. She has enjoyed Erik being home most days so she can wander and play all day.
5. The weather...enough said. It was nice and sunny all day and all of a sudden its drizzly and windy and cold.
On to a busy night of grading papers and watching Twilight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the conversation with the student...good thing you're quick with the witty comebacks!
ReplyDelete