Monday, March 20, 2017

Levi is 5!

I copied and pasted this from last year...some of the answers it looks like I might be able to leave the answers the same!!!

Loving: Everything farm related, he is the cow man and now we can add pigs to the list. Last spring he was also really into the chickens. Also school, baking & helping in the kitchen, talking, eating, ignoring pretty much everything I say, doing whatever he wants, and playing outside. (Same as last year). I will add that this year he also loves reading & Waylon.

Hating: This is the same as last the last 2 years - being told no! He pretty much just doesn't listen at all when he is told no. It is...frustrating. He also hates taking naps as of the last couple of months.

Eating: Still obsessed with fruit (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries,grapes, oranges, clementines, grapefruit, apples, peaches, pears, etc...I don't think he could pick a favorite), anything with sugar, pancakes, mac & cheese, pizza, etc. There really isn't a whole lot he'll turn down. He doesn't like chili beans and always picks them out. Other than that, another pretty solid eater. And the quantity he eats is downright frightening sometimes. He is still the pokiest.eater.ever. Daycare says he eats so nice & is always the first one done. Not at home. We're always waiting for him at home! Sometimes it is downright painful waiting. Ranch is a staple for most meals, too.

Reading: He still loves a variety of books. His favorites are probably "Levi's Lost Calf" and a book about kindergarten that Charlie got last year at round-up. He also loves the big Apple Tree Farm book. He is much better about picking different things whereas Charlie always wanted the same ones (in the same order). (Wow, same answer again!) He likes "reading" but actual reading is not in his near future. He recognizes most letters but doesn't seem to grasp any sort of early reading skills beyond that.

Writing & Drawing: he can write his first name pretty well and I think probably his last name too. Luckily he has a pretty short & easy first name to write!

Doing: EVERYTHING!!! He is now a 2 year old trapped in a 5 year olds body. He is just always moving and almost always up to something. s. Also still does plenty of digging in cupboards and drawers, dragging stuff out, and generally making sure I am giving him 100% of my attention 100% of the time. He is great at playing by himself with his farm stuff and loves to drag everything out. His imagination and stories are pretty detailed. Whenever I write Waylon's monthly updates, I always look back to see what I wrote about the other kids. When Levi was 5 months I said he was super laid back and chill and made having 2 kids easy. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He stays plenty busy doing his pig chores these days.

Talking about: He is ALWAYS TALKING. I don't even know what he talks about but it is constant. Mostly about farming or his friends from school.

Singing: ALL THE TIME! He loves to sing. And we still sing the same set of songs before nap & bedtime every day. He sings in the shower, too. He loves some children's cds and loves Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, etc etc. He got a CD player for Christmas and it was his favorite gift.  

Wearing: He wears a pretty good mix of everything and grew out of his 5/5T clothes earlier this winter for length, so he's wearing size 6 now. Still wears shorts & tshirts to bed for pajamas. His favorite item of clothing lately were his sweatshirts with thumb holes in them.

Watching: hahahahahaha. Still not a fan of much. He does like to watch kids songs type things on the Kindle but as for shows/movies? Nope. Our doctor asked him what his favorite show was and he said "Wild Kratts" but she didn't understand him so she asked what it's about and he just started at her confused. I finally told her that he didn't know, because he does not like to watch TV but he was just trying to make sure he answered her question. In the car he is very opinionated about what they watch on long car rides but again, I am convinced it's more so that Charlie can't watch whatever he wants. I don't think Levi really gives two hoots about what's on.

Sleeping: We are transitioning out of naps and it is rough. But he does go to bed easily at 7:30 and wakes up around 6:30-7am. Thankfully if he does have to get up to use the bathroom he can do that proudly and independently now!

Feelings about family: He spends a majority of his time trying to torture Nora.



Took him to the dentist and the hygienist asked if I knew he had loose teeth. Nope. Sure enough the 2 bottom ones were very loose and fell within the week and before his birthday :) Charlie was very "not fair" about that since he was almost 6 (I think) before he lost any teeth.





No comments:

Post a Comment