Wednesday, July 8
Charlie: 5.5 (almost)
Levi: 3.5 (almost)
Nora (aka courtesy of Levi - Chunky Banana, Chubby Monkey, Little Lady, Little Missy): 9 months
Also making appearances are Daisy (dog), Patty (cat), and many of Levi's imaginary animals and friends
The day starts at 6am for Charlie as he is up at the same time every single day. He helps himself to the TV (he doesn't know where we put the Kindle). I think Erik gets up around 6:45 and then I get up at 7:15 (SLEPT ALL NIGHT WHOOP WHOOP!) and take a shower. Levi also comes down when I get up. Erik goes up to work. Levi wants waffles for breakfast and Charlie has a small freak out about not getting to put his frozen waffle in the microwave. He gets all teary eyed about it and runs off to his room for a few minutes. We missed nap time the day before so I know he is just overtired and prepare myself for many of these moments that will likely happen today. He comes back down happy and we sit down for breakfast.
After breakfast the boys brush their teeth while unsupervised in the bathroom while I start the never ending task of cleaning up the kitchen. Charlie comes and asks if toothpaste can go in the garbage. When I ask if it's gone he tells me that no, it's not gone but it fell in the toilet. Yes. Yes. PLEASE throw it in the garbage. He proceeds to tell me how he retrieved the toothpaste and I suggest maybe making sure the toilet seat is down.
Nora is setting a family record for sleeping in (no, really). It's 8:45 before she wakes up and she's happy as can be. We bring her downstairs and she nurses.
Outside to hang clothes on the line. I put Nora in the wagon to keep Daisy away from her. Charlie helps hang up clothes. Levi drives his tractor around and is hauling water in the bucket and also washing his tractor because it's "supa greasy".


![]() |
| One of my greatest accomplishments as of late: getting the carseats configured so that Levi can't get at Nora |

A trip to the "horn park" as promised on our way home. Nice weather + happy kids. Charlie insists on reading some of the new library books now. Then it's homeward bound before the noon horn goes off (easily the most traumatizing thing that has ever happened to C & L. It was 2 years ago and still a consistent topic of conversation and I agree, it was really, really loud)
We get home and make lunch. It's just leftover spaghetti and green beans. There is also more farm work that occurs and looking at books while I clean up from lunch. I am guessing the boys also made a trip out to check the garden with Erik. Nora admires her reflection in the oven.
Even though nobody is tired, we go up for a nap anyways, just in case anybody happens to fall asleep. We read all 7 of the new library books. Highlights include one of the book characters being named "Charlie" and me trying to explain what a VCR player is as it is highlighted as a feature of a sleeper cab in a truck.
![]() |
| See, not tired. |
![]() |
| Not fighting |
They do fall asleep rather quickly. Nora gets a diaper change and then it is time for her to take a nap. She takes a nap in my bed and I get my 20 minute power nap in. Then during the remainder of nap time I play some Sudoku (trying to work this mushy brain), watch some Rachel Ray, cut up some rhubarb that has been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days, and get the mail. I bought some PJs and they came in the mail and one of them have a big hole in the toe. I'm annoyed, even though they were dirt cheap because I obviously still expect them to NOT have holes in them. I try to resolve that issue right away before i forget about it.
Levi is up first, followed shortly after by Charlie. They have some freeze pops for a snack. Nora must wake up around the same time. Then they want to play games so we get out Who Shook Hook (frustrating game for everyone!) and Curious George matching. I actually beat Charlie in the matching game, which is a rare occasion.
I take supper out of the fridge and throw it in the oven. Erik is done with work and Charlie is still begging to go for a bike ride. I don't want to take Nora along so she stays back with Erik and Levi goes in the trailer.
We get back just as supper is getting done. We are having sassy tailgate sandwiches, which is one of meals I got at a freezer meal exchange we did recently with 8 other moms. They are pretty good - maybe a little too much of the cream cheese spreading on for my liking but everyone seems to enjoy them and it required very little effort to prepare on my part.
After supper, Erik cleans up and the boys and I go out to start a fire so we can have smores. I build a terrible fire. By the time we start to roast the marshmallows there's just not much happening but we do eventually get the marshmallows warm enough to melt. We enjoy the nice evening and spend more time on the swingset. Charlie has finally learned how to swing himself.
We head inside and I try to find some things for a baby shower gift. I dig out a boppy cover, that I made a long, long time ago and decide to make a little wet bag quickly because they are so handy (and they did register for one). Since the desk where I keep the sewing machine has been moved out of the house, I have to set up shop on the kitchen table. Charlie wants to help so I let him do run the foot pedal and I just guide the fabric. After we get the outside done, Erik takes the boys to bed and I get Nora to bed. She is finally starting to go down quickly at night. I finish up the bag and it doesn't take too long since I actually get the zipper in correctly on the first try ;)
We call it a night by 9:30 and if I remember correctly, Levi and Nora were both up during the night. But I guess 1 out 2 isn't bad!



















No comments:
Post a Comment