
Sleep is still the same...unpredictable. She is sleeping fairly well in her crib at night. We still need to work on getting a big burp out before she goes down otherwise she is usually up before midnight to burp and then up again one more time, maybe around 4am, maybe 2am, maybe not all - you just never know and she'll switch it up often! Napping in the crib is not going so well. She has done from napping all day to taking several naps. Any nap over an hour while not being held is a pretty big deal around here. She seems to have hit a new level of alertness because every little noise startles her. Oh well. Pretty much daily I tell myself that tomorrow she will start napping in the crib. Then tomorrow comes and it just doesn't happen. One would think that her lack of napping would result in her being super cranky but it doesn't seem to bother her. She is just happy all of the time. Yes, if she's only napped for an hour during the day she will suddenly flip a switch at night but I'm pretty sure she should be sleeping more like 3+ hour at least during the day so I think she manages pretty well considering.
I still like to take pictures of her snoozing.


Nora still isn't sure about solid food. She still likes sweet potatoes avocado, and green beans the best. It just doesn't take a lot in quality to satisfy her. Spoon feeding purees is really not my favorite thing...not enough hands for that and keeping 2 other little children satisfied and sitting at the table while also attempting to eat food. I have made all of her purees but am not faithfully and lovingly mass producing them and freezing like I did with Charlie & Levi. She does like to pick up little pieces of food to feed herself so for lunch and supper I always give her little pieces of stuff to work on from stuff we are eating (bananas, green beans, pears, peaches, chicken, crackers or puffs). She does a really good job picking stuff up and getting it in her trap. New foods she has tried since the last post include squash, peaches, and pieces of turkey & chicken. She also has been practicing with a sippy cup with a little bit of success. Refuses a bottle with all of her might.
Even though Nora has not rolled over more than once in her life, she is now leaning forward and rocking like crazy. I have a feeling that she will have crawling figured out soon. She loves to sit and watch the boys and is really interested in whatever they are doing. She reaches way forward and grabs toys. She loves looking at books and reading stories. And she absolutely flips out when we sing songs. I am extra appreciative of this stage where she is super content for LONG periods of time to just sit and be entertained without being mobile and getting into mischief!
Nora likes going outside I'm sitting in the stroller. She does not like Daisy but she does like patty and is trying to grab her with her chubby little hands. She usually just hangs out in the stroller while we take care of the chickens or she likes riding in the swing.
She continues to make lots of new sounds. She has a very distinct my "mama" when she is sad. She also likes to do it combo grunt/spit/hack that is pretty funny. And she still loves spitting and spitting out her food which is highly encouraged by the brothers...

There is absolutely nothing better then the opportunity to spend these days at home with the kids. Time is flying by but we are enjoying it.


No comments:
Post a Comment