About time I get this published too since Charlie's birthday was almost 3 months ago!
Loving: Reading books, watching Mighty Machines, building things with blocks, magnets, etc, watching YouTube videos of farming things like baling hay, combines, choppers, knocking silos over. He loves being outside and he LOVES preschool.
Hating: Charlie does not like scary things like monsters or mascots that he sees in person (at KG roundup the panther was there and he later asked if "it was a teacher too" haha). He also hates last minute change of plans or now knowing what is going happen.
Eating: I wouldn't say Charlie is an adventurous eater, but he will try almost anything. He still eats a lot. About the only thing he will refuse to eat is anything that has peanut butter or nuts in it. I guess that's not too bad :) His favorite things are roll ups and quesadillas, pizza, and noodles. He's not quite as sugar crazed as Levi, but he does like his sweets too. Oh, and he still loves chocolate milk.
Reading:Charlie is still obsessed with books and would probably be pretty okay with reading all day long. He's starting to recognize a lot of words and I'm sure he'll be reading soon. There are so many books he loves and it's kind of nice to be able to mix it up versus reading the same few books over and over again like we used to do. He loves digging through my Usborne books and he gets a little annoyed with me whenever I take them somewhere for a show. He is a pretty good salesman though. Right now, he is loving books about tractors and a new story book he got for his birthday from ggma evers. He loves reading a story a night and having book marks in his books. I really hope he continues to love reading for a long, long time.
Writing: He is doing pretty well at writing. He loves writing out words and writes his name very well. I noticed he started writing Charlies on some of his things from school. He seems a little confused about the whole Charlies/Charlie thing so he has just been combining the two.
Drawing: He loves color by number pages and asks me to print them off all of the time. Only recently has he started to be interested in drawing or coloring and is expanding his horizons by using more than just the color black these days. His drawings have gotten much more detailed.
Doing: running, jumping, playing games, farming, playing outside with dad, levi or brenna, playing soccer, going to school, playing with Nora
Talking about: School. Who was absent, what they did, what was for snack (most important). He also loves talking about farming.
Singing: We sing a lot. Usually songs from school or songs that he's heard on the radio. I recently heard him singing "You are my Sunshine" and I almost died. Apparently they learned it in preschool and I can't even handle it. I have a video of it and I will keep it forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now Levi sings it too. He still loves "shake it off". His earworm song is definitely "5 little mice went out to play" and he sings it all.the.time. I don't think he even knows when he's doing it!
Wearing: Not too picky about clothes, but he's almost always hot. He still loves a good button down shirt, too.
Watching: Mighty Machines. Mighty Machines. Mighty Machines. Haha. It is on Netflix and he can't get enough. Also likes to watch Curious George and Americas Funniest Videos
Sleeping: Charlie still rises with the sun. In the winter he was sleeping in later but he's already starting to get up earlier and earlier again. He's usually up around 6:30am and goes to bed at 8pm. Also, he still naps most days for 1-1.5 hours. He doesn't nap every day but will at least lay down for awhile. I think I might have him convinced that everybody needs a little down time during the day.
Feelings about family: Charlie loves everyone. He is a little mother hen with his siblings. He is so, so good with Nora and she absolutely adores him. He likes to hold her and entertain her but isn't really interested in her day to day care (like changing her diapers, etc) like Levi is. Him and Levi get along really well but they also fight like crazy. Charlie usually starts it be egging Levi on and since Levi is still learning how to control himself it usually ends in Levi getting physical and Charlie in tears. We're trying to get Charlie to understand what sets Levi off but it's a work in progress. He is so helpful around the house, picks up more than his share of the toys on a daily basis and is just such a kind and caring guy.
Video from his birthday. I love how many of his mannerisms are the same as when he turned 3 & 4 - hands in his mouth, flopping around on the couch, etc :)
No comments:
Post a Comment