Monday, April 14, 2014

Baby #3 - 14 weeks

Written 4.14.2014

Due Date: October 12, 2014

Symptoms: Just tired. Can manage to get through several days with no naps but come 9pm, I am out. Nausea has been totally gone for a couple of weeks.


What's different this time: Much stronger desires for specific foods than I can remember previously.

Cravings/Aversions: Air popped cheddar popcorn.
  
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well. Continue to have a couple of nights a week of a couple of hours of being awake between 2-4am. Annoying.

I miss: For the first time this past weekend I was sad that I couldn't have any booze. A 30th birthday party & a girls night calls for some drinks and I obviously had to pass.

I am looking forward to:  Another appt next week & telling the rest of the fam hopefully this weekend at Easter.

Best moment this week: I couldn't resist and bought a "little brother" & "little sister" shirt over the weekend. The boys also have matching big brother shirts now.  We also talked about names in the car one day & we actually have 2 names that we both really, really like. This is really impressive since neither of the boys had definite names until at least a day after they were born. Charlie wasn't Charles until the morning we left the hospital & Levi was probably 24 hours old before we officially decided on that. With Charlie we were down to 2 boy names but with Levi we really didn't have much of a clue going into it. I wouldn't be surprised if we change our minds between now & then & I am sure we won't officially decide until the baby is born but I am a little surprised that we're both in agreement right now. Sidenote: Our top boy name right now is one that Erik shot down for Levi & our top girl name is NOT the same name we had picked out had either of the boys been a girl.


I'm stressing about: Erik is ready to start looking for a new car. Not that this is super stressful but we want to find something that is fuel efficient (car) & can fit 3 car seats. I'm sure the car salesman will love us when I insist on attempting to install all 3 seats before we test drive :)

Milestones: Officially out of the first trimester


Movement: no - hopefully soon. I'm waiting!

It's a...: I asked Erik if he would be interested in finding out this time. Neither of us care about the gender, I am just so curious.  Since Charlie & Levi were both surprises, I know what it's like to find out at delivery. Not that I wasn't excited but I think I was more excited to just BE DONE than to know if it was a boy/girl so I found the whole waiting thing a little bit underwhelming. Not knowing was definitely not more motivation for me to push or anything like that.  Erik says he doesn't care what it is and then told me that I can find out if I want but he doesn't want to know. Well that's no fun! I don't want to know and then have to keep the secret. So.........I guess we won't be finding out. I'm not sure how much I really wanted to know prior to asking him his take on things, but now that he said he doesn't want to know, I REALLY, REALLY want to know. haha. But I also know that I really don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment