Friday, March 28, 2014

I guess they want to share a room?

On Wednesday night Levi was up crying & mad practically the entire night. It was so frustrating since he usually doesn't make a peep from about 7pm-7am. This night he cried pretty much every 1/2 hour or so. I made so many trips upstairs to try to help him & let him try to figure it out on his own a lot too. There didn't seem to be anything wrong other than him saying "me stay up" or "me sleep cha cha's room."

Last night after we went through his bedtime routine he again threw a fit when I tried to put him in the crib. I set him down and he announced "ME SLEEP CHA CHA'S ROOM!" & took off with his stuff. I decided to give it a shot because I was not looking forward to another night of broken sleep (yes, we are blessed with good sleepers!). I took his crib mattress and put it on the floor in Charlie's room and the little stinker laid right down and fell asleep. I told Charlie he had to set a good example for Levi & stay in his bed too which he's good with but it's seems like every night he has something important to do like put on lotion or count to 100 :) Charlie did make a few trips down for various reasons but Levi never got off of the mattress.  Around 10:30 he rolled off onto the floor and that did wake him up but I put him back on the mattress and he slept until morning.

Charlie "transitioned" out of the crib the exact same way - just decided one day he didn't want to sleep in there anymore. I'm not sure if Levi was getting scared or if he really just wants to be a big boy now but it was a little random that he just decided one day he was over the crib. We'll see how it goes...not sure I am convinced after only 1 successful night. I think we'll have to adjust our bedtimes a little bit so that they both go to bed at the same time but other than that I don't have a problem with them sharing a room if that's what they want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment