Monday, March 17, 2014

Baby #3 - 10 weeks

Written 3.17.2014

Due Date: October 12, 2014

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good. The nausea has really settled down for the most part. I've also been getting a little car sick when riding or driving in the car. I'm still very, very tired all of the time. By 8pm I am done! Also already having some lower back pain, which I'm sure will stick around for the long haul. Oh, can't forget the heartburn that I only get while pregnant. Tomato based foods are my worst enemy.


What's different this time: We got an early ultrasound! I know we had a quick one with Charlie because the dates weren't matching up but this was an official, scheduled ultrasound. It was a surprise since it didn't happen with Levi but I wasn't going to turn it down! I told my doctor our news at the boys' well child appt last week and she said she would just go ahead and order it. I decided to wait until after that to schedule my first OB appt so I finally just did that today. This was the longest we have waited to tell people, finally told our parents over the weekend after confirmation of everything looking perfect on the ultrasound. Baby was measuring 9 weeks, 5 days :)

Cravings/Aversions: I wouldn't say I'm having an aversion to carbonated beverages, but I definitely don't yearn for them like I usually do. As for cravings, they are still somewhat random and hard to turn my brain off from. Last night's random desire was grandma's apple jello salad. (??!?!?!)


Sleep: Still taking & loving naps every day possible. I have had a few nights where I have had a bit of insomnia including a night last week where I was exhausted but didn't fall asleep until after 1:30am. No complaints right now, I will just take advantage of as much sleep as possible!

I miss: Nothing really. Well a actually, spring would be very nice. Hanging clothes on the line, playing outside, going for walks, etc. As of right now I'm not ambitious enough to push 70+lbs of child in the double stroller down the muddy gravel road :)

I am looking forward to:  Hearing the heartbeat on the Doppler.

Best moment this week: The ultrasound. The tech found the baby immediately and showed us the little beating heart so there was no need to try to search & wonder if all was ok. The whole thing took maybe 15 minutes. The heartbeat was 164.


I'm stressing about: Now that we have confirmation that there is an actual baby, it's time to start worrying about all of the things.

Milestones: The ultrasound. I feel so much more relaxed and less paranoid.

Movement: no

It's a...: TBD
  
Diet: Getting by with plain foods. Trying (although not very hard) to avoid tomato based stuff. Trying to drink more water & force in more veggies. Need more fiber!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment