Monday, December 31, 2012

Levi - 10 months

This month Levi started doing a lot of new things, has been getting into lots of mischief, sucked at napping & has become a huge mama's boy.  Some of his latest tricks include "so big", waving bye bye, dancing, & sometimes wheels on the bus. He has the biggest cheese grin whenever someone will play with him & squints his eyes. He also loves listening to mom & Charlie sing. When he is freaking out in the car we will sing to him and it always works but sometimes we have to do a lot of singing until we get home.




I couldn't think of many new foods I introduced this month since he usually eats whatever we are having anyways. But, for Christmas he was a big fan of chicken wild rice soup & I also gave him cottage cheese for the first time which he really enjoyed. We have also been enjoying FFA fruit. Levi has been eating at least 1/2 pear & 1/2 banana for breakfast. Charlie has been taking care of the oranges & the pears too. Tracy had a leftover box of pears she gave us so we canned that the other night. I decided to just do quarts because right now those 2 will go through a pint of peaches or pears in one sitting. Other than that it seems like Levi just eats a ton of food all day long. He still pretty much hates being fed & prefers to do it himself. I have forgotten to mention that for the past couple of months I have been wondering if he will be left handed. So far, his left hand has been dominant, he always eats with his left hand. The only thing he really dislikes about eating meals is having to wear a bib. I have tried snaps, velcro & the pull over the head kind and he can get them all off. So, I just let him go to town & clean up the mess later. Cheri said he will keep one on for her for meal time but if she doesn't take it off when he's done he gets mad.

Sorting fruit with Charlie
Napping has been a challenge. He continues to sleep through the night most nights. He is usually up babbling around 5-5:30 (way too early for ma) but must doze off again until usually 6-6:30 or a bit later. He will be crabby & wanting a nap around 9:30-10 but will only sleep for 1/2 hour or 45 min but he seems happy and ready to go again. In the afternoon, he is tired again right after Charlie goes down around 1:00. Again, he will only sleep for a 1/2 hour or so but he wakes up cranky & clingy for the rest of the day. This means my most productive time is after breakfast when him & Charlie will somewhat entertain themselves. He has spent some time in the Ergo lately because he just wants to be held & he's no light weight. After Levi wakes up from his cat nap he refuses to be put down for the rest of the day. Getting him to nap anywhere but home (& Cheri's) is impossible. He will not give up. He's been going to bed by 6:30-7pm and probably would go much earlier if I would let him so he is sleeping 12 hours at night. I don't think he's ready to drop to 1 nap either because he's so sleepy again so early in the morning. I think I might prefer 1 long nap over 2 cat naps? I guess I am happy he still falls asleep on his own & will sometimes cry for a max of 10 seconds before he's quiet. He also greatly prefers mom these days. He clings right on if someone else tries to take him & will sometimes cry if I leave the room.

Took a picture because this never happens!
Other than the nap drama, he has been cruising furniture, crawling at lightening speed, putting everything in his mouth, terrorizing Charlie & getting into things he should not. He can push himself up on anything, climb to get about whatever he wants & if he's not paying attention will even stand on his own for a few seconds.

Other Likes:
Digging in the recycling
Tipping over garbage cans
The bathroom
Drawer with the plastic bags
Pulling all of the magnets off the fridge
Pulling Charlie's plates off of his little table
Taking baths & splashing
Pulling out Charlie's puzzles

his happy place

 
Teaching mom a lesson about leaving the high chair too close to fun stuff.

grabby grabby
Another favorite drawer
 It seems like he has had a cold most of the month too. He HATES wiping his nose & lets us know it. It is all chapped from being runny & wiped so much. He also hates getting his diaper changed. For a few months now it is a challenge to accomplish this. He rolls everywhere & will not hold still for a second. While I have always preferred the diapers with snaps, I always grab the velcro first now because it's much easier to get on a squirmy baby.

No more new teeth to report this month although his bottom gums are huge so I am sure the molars are coming in. It also looks like the canines on top are close to coming in too. Hard to believe that Charlie had just gotten his bottom 2 teeth by his first Christmas & Levi has 8 :) For as swollen as the gums are it doesn't seem to bother him but maybe that is the cause of some of the nap drama? He has been drooling all over the place and it's hard to tell if that's from teething, a cold, or both.

Levi also got to go swimming for the first time. We went to open swim at the school one afternoon. He wasn't sure at first but it didn't take him long to get excited. He had fun splashing around and by the end of our hour was kicking his legs. Hopefully we can do more open swim this winter.

Of course we also had his first Christmas. He was mostly uninterested in presents but had fun playing with whatever Charlie had.
My little elf
CHEESE!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment