Charlie has been doing so good with potty training! I am shocked at how fast he picked up on it, although I had a feeling he was just holding out on me. Since that Friday in October when he decided he was wearing underwear, he hasn't had any accidents at daycare. For a couple of weeks he did wear a diaper over his underwear but never wet in it. He has had a couple of accidents at home, usually because I forget to ask him. He does not like us to bug him about going and can hold it for several hours. Daycare mentioned that for a few days he didn't want to try for her but she figured out that he was worried the other kids would take his toys. Once she assured him he could have them back after he went, he was fine. He continues to do pretty good with #2 as well. He has had a few of those accidents, usually because I think it catches him off guard.
Less than a week after we started this adventure we headed to grandpa & grandma's for a few days & had to bring the potty along. He did great down there too & will go in public bathrooms as well. He is still wearing a diaper at night (with the underwear over the top). Some mornings is still dry but probably 1/2 of the time he is wet. Given the amount he drinks at night I am not shocked when he's wet. He does not wear a diaper during his nap and has only had 1 accident so far.
At first, we tried using chocolate chips as a reward but it wasn't something he would want every time so we usually just gave him some if he asked. We will still pull that bribe out if he is being stubborn about trying but we also bribe him with Cars vitamins 2x a day if necessary. The kid is obsessed with "medicine."
Overall, it's pretty crazy to think we are done with diapers with Charlie. I didn't mind doing diapers for both of the kids at the time, but it sure is nice to have 1/2 to deal with now. One thing I don't like is that our bathrooms smell like a urinal 24/7 because we're still working on getting all of the pee in the potty every time but that is getting much better too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment