Despite being up most of the night, we were running behind & Erik dropped me off at the hospital before taking Charlie to daycare. Charlie does not appreciate it when mama doesn't drop him off & he was upset & ended up throwing up before Erik got there. So before Erik could come back to the hospital he had to clean up Charlie & make a stop at the laundromat to wash his coat & blankets. Back at the hospital, my dr had to do a c-section so my induction was delayed a little bit. By 9:30 I was hooked up to the pitocin and ready to roll. I got the epidural around 12:30 & had the perfect epidural this time. I could feel the contractions & was much more effective in pushing (last time I think my brain was numb I had such a strong block).
He looked so tiny & I was very surprised when they said he weighed 8lbs 9oz. Of course we didn't have a name finalized so he was just baby boy for the next 24 hours.The biggest difference in our hospital stay this time was very few visitors due to the rotten weather, but it was nice to be able to relax & get to know our new baby boy.
We had decided on the middle name James pretty early on. That is my dad's name & is also Erik's dad's middle name. The first name was where we struggled. Most of the names we had talked about over the last few months ended in -son or something similar and we didn't like how that went with our last name. Erik had suggested Levi a few weeks back(he heard it on Ax Men...) & I guess that was at the top of our list, we just wanted to make sure nothing else would inspire us. We decided that naming should be the easy part but it definitely has been challenging for us both times now, so indecisive! By noon on Wednesday though we were both confident he was a Levi James.
| He was excited until he realized baby was on his blankie. |
| Dr. Charles |
No comments:
Post a Comment