Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Beginning

Wow, I posted a LONG time ago and said more later...well is it later yet? It's amazing how time flies and yet, I feel like I get nothing done! It's hard to believe that Charlie will be a month old tomorrow. So, here's month 1 in review.

We have had so many visitors! It's fun to see people and helps break up the days. Erik had the week off after Charlie was born which was nice. He returned to work with a bang by going to Fargo for 3 days. Grandma came up for a day and a half and the rest of the time I got a little taste of single parenthood. Since then, Erik has only been gone for a day at a time but it's really nice when he's working from home (I wouldn't get anything done if I was working from home and knew the boys were downstairs!).

Charlie is doing very well. He's growing and was out of most of his newborn clothes within a couple of weeks. There have been a few "growing" days where all we accomplish is eating with intermitent naps in between...those are long days. We love watching all of his little faces and the noises he makes. He defenitely makes us laugh. I never thought such a little body could make such big bodily noises! He smiles, but not at anything in particular so to me that doesnt count. I can't wait until the day he enjoys his bath so I don't feel like I'm murdering him!

We have made a few trips out, mainly to Target (I will come up with any excuse to go to Target these days). We also went to Great Grandpa & Grandma Hupf's when he was 10 days old...we may have been pushing it a little with that one. Last Thursday, Charlie and I ventured up to the U for the FFA Science Fair. I had 1 student competing but really we went more for the social aspect to see all of our friends :) We also made a quick stop at Farm Bureau on the way home for some more show and tell.

I am loving my time off of work! In fact, I have decided that I am going to request additional time off (the full 12 weeks) and am so excited. There will be 7 days of school left when I go back, and 1 of those days I have off for a wedding already. And the seniors will be gone :) I just need to get my request to the school board for approval.

Here are some new pics from our first month!
My friend Jaclyn and her hubby Matt stopped by when Charlie was just a few days old and she took this picture - she is good with a camera!

Here's 1 week


3 weeks (and a few days)


I love this picture, he always sleeps like this!


We had a good night last night after a very LONG and crabby day. Charlie got up at 11:30 and 5:00 to eat and went right back to bed both times and then got up again around 7:30 to eat and is napping again now. I can handle that...although I should be taking advantage of this by oh I don't know, showering or unloading the dishwasher, or laundry or taking a nap myself. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you are going to try to take off the full 12 weeks! With only 7 days left of school, you planned that one perfectly!

    ReplyDelete