Saturday was almost a disappoint as it was rainy for the first half of the day. Finally at about 4pm we were able to get back out on a different lake (our friends have a cabin & there's no public access so we were the only ones out there). We had a few drops of rain but stuck it out. We caught almost all large mouth bass and a few crappies too. Erik's big catch was a 16" large mouth. He was doing some fancy fishing. I just dropped the line & worm at the boat so I didn't catch as many but as previously mentioned, I was fine with just catching them. (Note: I may or may not have caught the monster bass pictured below!)
Sunday, June 28, 2009
To Canada!
This weekend we ventured up north to Bemidji. It's not quite Canada, but when you grow up in almost Iowa, Bemidji is as close to Canada as it comes. We took a couple of days to get away and relax and chose Bemidji because one of Eriks coworkers lives up there and had invited us. Erik took Friday off so we headed up there (stopping at Itasca State Park and seeing the Mississippi River headwaters--the only place of the Mississippi I would dare stand in!), met up with our friends and then went about another hour north to Red Lake. It was almost dark by the time we got all situated but he had some luck with walleyes and sheepheads...obviously walleyes are the more desirable fish to catch but for a first true time fisherwoman, I was content with catching anything. Within seconds of putting my line it, I had a bite, but it got away. Here's a little walleye I did catch, he was a keeper. Don't mind the wild bangs, it was a little windy.


All in all it was a fun & relaxing weekend. Of course what trip to Bemidji would be complete without a photo opp with Paul Bunyan & Babe?
Gearing up for another busy week. Anyone know where June went?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the bangs! :) Looks like you guys had a great weekend up north!
ReplyDelete