Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Time!

I realized its been awhile since I've updated this, but there really hasn't been anything too exciting to share....and I've been pretty busy and all. School was done for teachers on June 5th. Since then, I feel like I've stayed busy, doing what I'm not so sure. In order to prevent hate mail, I will not disclose what time I'm getting up in the morning these days. Let's just say i'm taking advantage of my time off! The weather has made the grass go fast so I spend a lot of time mowing the lawn. I'd like to think that I have been making more of a contribution to the household, but that might be a stretch too. A couple of weekends ago Erik and I went to Winstock (country music festival) with some friends. It was a good time, although we're defenitely not "sleep on the ground" people. We ended up coming home after Brooks & Dunn got done playing at 12:30am instead of staying an extra night because we're crabby old people.

Today is also my little brother Tylers 12th birthday. Holy crap, he should be 3 or 4, it makes me feel extra old. Seems like just yesterday we were helping him break his first calf "Cubby" to lead for the fair and reading "The Farm Book" over and over and over again. We went through 2 copies of that book we read it so much. "Early in the morning the farmer feeds and milks his cows. He gives fresh hay and water to the horses. Betty pets the wolly lambs...." or something like that. Wait until next year when he's a teenager...

This weekend we are heading up north for a weekend of relaxation. I'll have to post pictures of the ginormous fish I catch! Stay cool - it's roasty out today. Needless to say, I found the time to talk to the A/C guy and get them rolling to get us some central air!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're enjoying you summer so far...even though I don't know what time you're getting up, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete