Friday, August 11, 2017

Waylon - 9 months

Waylon is now crawling everywhere and getting into everything!!!! He is a master crawler and makes a beeline immediately for carbon monoxide detectors (also is not phased at all when they beep at him), loves pulling off the vent covers and the bottom of the refrigerator. He also can get up and down the small step out to the entry and is working on pulling himself up to standing. He will get himself pulled up if it's something really short, like the stairs. The boys are convinced he needs to learn how to climb up the stairs. Ummmm, no.




His latest tricks including scrunching up his nose and he is starting to wave and clap, which is adorable. He loves to dance whenever he hears music. Also enjoys stroller rides and hanging out outside, as long as Daisy is not around (I feel the same way). He also made his first couple of trips to the pool this month and had fun splashing in the water. He also likes riding in the swing.


He eats everything. His meals are usually a combo of whatever I can find and throw at him to keep him happy. He's already started sorting and eating his favorite things first and saves his veggies for last. Besides things previously mentioned that he loves, something new this month was apricots. He would eat an entire one and then cry for more. Erik bought a pack from Costco and I think Waylon ate most of them. He prefers fruit and we have to be careful about the quantity of some of the more acidic fruits because he's gotten some diaper rashes from them.

He has been extra fussy and clingy this month and I'm constantly checking for more teeth, but don't see anything yet. He has developed major stranger danger and if he sees me he has a huge fit. Him & Nora have been to Kim's a few times this summer and the last time I took them, he cried right away. Then she said he was fine all day and was playing contently when I went to pick them up. But as soon as he saw me, major crocodile tears. He gets heavy to carry around!

The grumpiness may also be related to his horrible sleeping. Yes, no major changes to report since last month. He also fights sleep so much, flopping around and trying so hard to not fall asleep. His morning naps are short and if we go anywhere he will fall asleep in the car but wake up immediately when we get out. He's always ready for a nap around 1pm and that will vary from 1-2 hours. At night he's still going to sleep around 9pm and wakes up for the day around 7am...but is up many, many times between those hours. Usually his first wake up is around 10:30. Then 2am and again 4-5am ish. I thought Nora was going to break me, but I really think he is way worse as she was mostly sleeping thru the night by now. According to my fitbit, I am awake 1/2 of the time I am in bed. No wonder my brain doesn't work!

Due to his very mobile status, changing his diaper could be an Olympic sport. He flops all over the place and does not hold still at all. He is also starting the back arch when it's time to get into the car seat.

He likes to read books with us, get into his siblings' toys, stand up by things, splash  in the tub and put everything in his mouth. The brothers are having a bit of a wake up call in that department since Nora didn't bother their stuff too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment