We survived our 1st road trip for Thanksgiving. We made the 3 hour drive down to the red farm and celebrated at Ryan & Molly's. I was pretty nervous since Waylon wants to eat every 2-3 hours, but he slept the whole way and we didn't have to stop for him at all.
Waylon wore the turkey shirt that I made for Nora, she was a month older than him at Thanksgiving so it was a little big on him, but it worked.
Great Grandpa was pretty excited to get out of the nursing home for a few hours and of course to meet his newest great grandchild.
Levi was a little sweaty from all of his playing and running around.
On Saturday we went over to make cookies with Great Grandma. She was there for awhile and then had to leave. Waylon and I were late because we "slept in". We joked that Grandma would not have approved of these unevenly baked, funny sized, over sugared cookies back in the day :) We had some lunch and headed for home. Waylon wasn't interested in eating before we left so we only made it about 2 hours before he woke up. Luckily it was extremely unseasonably warm so we stopped at a park so I could feed him and everyone else could get out for a few minutes and burn off cookies. Other than that, we had a smooth ride back and after a couple of busy days farming, baking and playing we were all ready for an early bedtime!



No comments:
Post a Comment