Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Levi - 22 months

Oh, Levi!!! So close to 2, how is that possible?? Let's just say Christmas was a blast with him this year. I think I wrapped most presents at least twice because the little stinker was constantly ripping into them. Not because he was looking for toys, he would just open them and then bring them to me. Just another day in the life of Levi. I may have mentioned that it continues to be impossible to get him to sit still for a picture. The ones posted here are about all I have...
Will smile for cookies


Levi continues to talk more and more (which is a good thing I suppose). Some of my favorite things he's saying currently include, "(insert person or thing), where are you?" and "I don't know" whenever we ask him a question and "WOOOHOOO!". One of his favorite words is still "NOOOOOO"
All of these are said in both nice tones & in a very distinct and loud yelling voice. He says a lot of 2 and 3 word sentences mostly (I don't remember my English...) but a subject and then the word (adjective maybe?) Like "mama, help" or "I want mama". Yes, "want" is another favorite word but he's finally starting to say please instead of just signing it. Otherwise he is always saying new words and I do like being able to understand what he wants. He still calls himself "Cha-Cha" or just "me" whenever we ask what his name is. Other random things. Whenever we tell him something like "don't touch that" he'll say "HOT!!" haha. He also sings the tune of ABC's and tries to count by saying random numbers. Last night we were measuring something though and I was counting and after I said "7" he said "eight!" I was impressed. He also knows the color blue but that's it. If we tell him something is orange he just takes off to go get an orange :) He also continues to excel at identifying all animals and their sounds.
We have been enjoying FFA fruit and he is nutso over the oranges. It's one of his new favorite words & he is always begging for us to peel one for him.  Other than that he still refuses a lot of foods. We eat soup probably at least twice a week now and every time he yells "NO SOUP!" Well, ok then. 

He is back in a phase of really not enjoying riding in the car. I can't wait to turn his car seat around. If it was not winter right now I totally would have but I feel guilty doing it when the roads are so sucky. Since I am usually the one listening to him carry on in the car I will deal with his whining. When he's really being difficult he will lock his knees against the back of the seat and refuse to sit down & try to flop out the other side. Charlie never did this (I don't think).  I'm not sure what his deal is but I am hoping that turning his seat around will help. He throws things out of the seat and then complains and wants it back...not much I can do about it when I'm driving buddy! Also, I'm hoping when I turn him around that he'll stop taking off his boots/shoes & socks every time we get in. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

He loves holding babies. And touching them. And talking to them.
I was telling Erik that when Charlie was this age, he would sit around and watch TV for a small amount of time. Every night after supper we watched Cailou (don't miss him) for 20 minutes before bath & bed time. I don't think Levi would sit and watch TV for 2 minutes right now. He is constantly going. If he would just play with toys that wouldn't be so bad but he'd usually rather be getting into things he shouldn't. So sometimes I wish he would just chill out for a few minutes and be distracted by something that won't make a mess :) Charlie also did other things like sit in a high chair, eat whatever we put in front of him and listen most of the time. Oh well, Levi is just as wonderful (and he sleeps until after 7am most days which Charlie never did/does).

He loves rocking before bed and is very adamant about mom putting him to bed. Poor dad :( But despite the fit he will throw, he will let dad read to him. 

He also loves helping, especially in the kitchen. He can be really "helpful" when we give him tasks and he's always repeating back what we ask him to do and even saying the next step (like mix).

When he wants to, he will play with Charlie or by himself for awhile. I think he would still prefer if I carried him around 24/7 but it's nice to see him becoming a bit more willing to not hang on me (unless I am in the kitchen, then it's almost a guaranteed "HOLD ME").  Hopefully the play kitchen will help him with this a little bit so he has something to do besides dig through the doors and haul out things he shouldn't have.

He freaks out whenever my phone rings and loves talking on the phone. And he'll actually talk...well as much as "HELLO MAA-MAA. BUMPA MOOS?" That's about the extent of his phone conversations.

His favorite thing in the whole word is still his meme and whenever he has it he's chewing on it. Now that his bottom molars are in maybe he'll let up on the chewing and on the constant drooling! He is a little more willing to let me wash it these days which is nice because that thing is always in need of a wash. Finally, he still loves wearing his Halloween costume :)

 



 

 

 
On an unrelated note, For New Years Eve we got all crazy and went to Scott & Dee's! We got to see their brand new house & meet baby G....let's just say that had a much crazier year than we did :) The boys were good (& Levi got to hold the baby!!) and then at about 9pm they said they were tired so I put them on the floor in the bedroom, read to them and they passed out. They were so sweet sleeping next to each other. The rest of us, even baby G, made it to midnight!  
 

Unplanned tuxedos for the littlest guys

No comments:

Post a Comment