Well, I'm finally getting around to Levi's 12 month information. I still can't believe how fast the last year went. I was pretty sad thinking about Levi's big day but I handled it well. For their birthdays (well, the week after) we went to the Children's Museum. Erik took off a day of work & there just happened to also be a huge snowstorm but we left in the late morning & made it just fine. Since the weather was so bad we pretty much had the place to ourselves which was nice too.
Levi had his doctors appointment last week. I swear the scale said 23# but I noticed later the sheet said 22# and being that he was over that the end of January, I will assume 23# is correct. So, he's not as big as Charlie was at 1 year, but I feel like he's also much more active than Charlie was. He's definitely slimming down but is a tall guy too. Otherwise, he's healthy but not a happy boy when it comes to going to the doctor. You can't blame him as the last times he has been there have involved needles. Even listening to his heart was pretty traumatic for him.
| Was originally going to make birthday invites with this picture. |
He's still a good eater. I can tell when he's teething because he is much pickier & just eats much less in general. Speaking of teeth, his bottom molars broke through this month & the bottom 2 canines followed. The FINAL 2 top teeth are on the verge of coming in, I can't believe he will be pretty much done teething already seeing as Charlie had 2 teeth on his 1st birthday. He still sorts all of his food & eats fruits first. He really, really loves fruit! When he's done, he will start pushing or throwing everything on the floor. So, I have started just taking his tray away as soon as he starts throwing. On daycare days he gets so busy playing sometimes he will only get through 2 of his bottles. He's not a huge fan of cows milk but is starting to drink some without spitting it out so we are making progress. He is a pro at sippy cups which I give to him at meals & loves practicing drinking out of a regular cups & straws too.
| Put a little milk in his cup & he flung it behind him. |
Sometimes he will only take 1 nap at daycare because he's having too much fun so he'll stay up until the big kids take a nap. At home, he's still almost always taking 2 naps with the first one more around 10 and the other one after Charlie goes down. It is nice to know that if he has to, he can get by with one. And daylight savings had no effect on him, still sleeping pretty much 7-7 at night.
![]() |
| We went to the barnyard at school. My old kids immediately took both boys & hung out with them. Levi was all good until they tried to sit down in the sheep pen with him. LOL. |
Other tricks: clapping, waving whenever he hears of somebody leaving, even if it's just leaving the room; giving big sloppy kisses; pretending to talk on the phone and says "hello" which is the cutest thing ever; pointing at things (and screeches so you know if you're hot or cold with what he wants). He LOVES listening to people talk on the phone. He also officially get all the way up the stairs. Nothing like giving old ma a heart attack as being upstairs & seeing him halfway up. He continues to be mischievous & is constantly trying (& often successful) to get into cabinets, drawers, garbages, toilets, etc he shouldn't. His ultimate finds are pens or pencils. I'm not sure what the fascination is but he sure does love to hold them. Another favorite past time is pulling out the baby wipes & Kleenex or unrolling the toilet paper. Oh his other trick that Charlie never got into is pretty much disrobing in the car. By the time I get around to buckle Charlie in Levi almost always has his hat, shoes & socks off. Can't wait for warmer weather so that I don't have to deal with all of the layers, it's so annoying.
![]() |
| Pushing skidloaders & making 'vroom' sounds. so cute. |
Charlie & Levi are still the best of friends (most of the time). I just love the way they look at each other. Charlie is so "helpful" & he is really patient with Levi getting into all of his stuff. Levi is also getting better about entertaining himself & is starting to get into books more where he actually helps turn pages, points at things, etc. He really likes the walk behind toys & is always bopping along to the music. I love watching him dance along with Charlie & I'm sure Charlie will be able to teach him some of his crazy dance moves. He also likes to play with the barn & the animals or putting any sort of object into a container. Whenever he drops something (animals into silo, block into container, phone through the banister & down the stairs...) he claps like crazy.
| Blankie party |
| Mmmm smoothie!! |



No comments:
Post a Comment