Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Guard Duck

The Guard duck at his post
Dear Great Grandma,
Thank you for the Easter duck. It flaps its wings & sings, I could see how you would think I would love it & drive mom & dad crazy.  However, I am scared to death of it. From the first time I saw that duck flap it's wings it has frightened me & I can't get away from it fast enough. All 70 pounds of Daisy lumbering at me & licking my face has got nothing on the little duck.

But don't worry, mom & dad have found a new purpose for the duck. You see, I'm a busy boy & like to get into things I probably shouldn't. The guard duck keeps me away from those things. I would really like to play with the DVD player, but I'm so scared that duck will start flapping at me that I'd rather just stay away.

Please don't feel bad. The other night at the FFA Banquet, I was getting cranky, so mom was walking around with me. The owner of the ballroom brought out a replica of the guard duck thinking I would enjoy playing with it. Mom tried to tell him she didn't think I would like it, but he turned it on. I showed my disapproval instantly, right in front of our 60 attendees.  I think ducks are meant for books only.

Love,
Charlie

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Charlie! And tell your mom & dad they are pretty smart for finding an alternate use for the scary duck!

    ReplyDelete