Sometimes we get bored and do some random spur-of the moment activity. I can never decide if we just don't what we're getting ourselves into or if we are just brave. Since I have been getting more sleep as of late, I have a lot of energy and it was so nice over the weekend we couldn't just sit inside. We had talked briefly about tearing out the sidewalk (too many weeds & water runs right into the garage) in front of the house & building a little patio so Saturday we went to Home Depot just to look at what pavers would cost. Then at about 5pm, we decided to start our project. We borrowed a sledge hammer, unsure if we could even break the cement. It came apart pretty easy. We got the cement out and worked on prepping the site. Erik had to do most of this because Charlie was not being very cooperative. After he went to bed I was able to help.
Sunday morning Charlie made sure we were up bright and early so Erik got back to work on bringing in dirt. We decided to head into Menards early before it got super busy...good thing because it took forever even when it wasn't busy. After lunch we started putting down the pavers. Charlie was much more helpful during this process, he slept in the chair just inside the door the entire time. Good thing too because it was a little chilly, windy & drizzled a couple of times. Of course we were just short on sand so I had to run back in to Hutch to get more. For a couple of amateurs who had no clue what they were doing, it doesn't look to bad.
Before (well during destruction process)

Had to move lots of grass & dirt for new 8x11'ish patio

Patio finished, still need to add some flowers and figure out what to do around it.
No comments:
Post a Comment