Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back to work (sort of)

It's been another fast & busy couple of weeks for all of us. Last weekend I was in my BFF Sarah's wedding. This meant Charlie got to spend lots of quality time with his SE MN relatives. He even spent his first night away from both mom & dad and stayed with Grandpa & Grandma Kappers. He did great and I think they all had fun. It was one of those weekends where we ran the entire time so it went very fast. It was a lot of fun to see old college (and 4-H) friends! Since I was busy with wedding festivities all day on Saturday, Erik took Charlie over to see Great Grandma Evers and I think many of our other relatives joined as well, he is quite popular. He didn't get much in for naps so he wasn't really happy at the wedding. I did get to snatch him for a few minutes before they went home.

It took Charlie and I a couple of days to recover from the weekend. He was very clingy and wanted my attention at all times. I love spending time with him but sometimes mommy just needs a 10 minute Charlie break! I had to go back to work on Thursday and Friday - my original plan was to only do Thursday but they weren't going to pay my sub for the last teacher day so I figured I could just as well go in and wrap up the year & get paid, versus doing it later for free. The last student day was Thursday...I had one class...it was a pretty uneventful day. I did have to get after them, their lack of cleaning skills left the shop in a less than desirable condition but we got it done! Charlie went to daycare on Thursday and my friend Ricky watched him on Friday because daycare was closed. He did great both days. Daycare mom said he only got scared and cried when other kids screamed, guess I will have to work on making more noise around here. I have a few work things to do over the summer but we're pretty much free & clear until August 30th!

The weekend has been rather uneventful. Charlie took a long nap yesterday so I played around in photoshop working on his scrapbook. I'm starting to figure it out and its pretty cool. Now I just need to print some of the pages and see what it looks like. I'm excited to dig into it more & to not have to spend the $$ on scrapbook supplies that I more than likely would never use. And the computer takes up much less space. Here's 1 page I did, it's nothing fancy but it's all just experimental thus far:

We ventured into the cities today and picked up his 3 month pictures. I am so proud of myself considering they just came in on Friday while it took me almost 3 months to order his newborn pictures. Since we had already went that far we continued on to visit Great Grandpa & Grandma Hupf. They were excited to see us (...well Charlie...) and we had a nice visit. Erik is gone Monday-Thursday so I should get to bed early as I'll be flying solo again all week :(
I slacked on pictures this week. My camera took a beating at the wedding so I'm not sure if that's why the pictures seem fuzzier than normal, sounds like its time to go camera shopping!

I had to take a picture of this outfit today - he got this from our friends Jeanna & Jared in the hospital and I remember thinking how big it was and that it would work great for him next fall...or June.

We are such mean parents sometimes, he was pouting again the other night and we caught him.

Looks like Erik's getting him trained in early with the remote. He loves sitting in the glider, I think he thinks he's pretty hot stuff sitting in there.

1 comment:

  1. I love the scrapbook pages, Megan! Think how nice it will be to not have a mess everytime you want to do a page. And, the pouting pic is adorable - we would have done the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete