Friday, February 5, 2010

Overwhelming Changes

As we prepare for the life changing event of having a child, I had to share a story from work today relating to the stress of "life changing events"

I get bored with the arrangement of my classroom and like to mix things up. I randomly decided last night to rearrange the tables (partly because they've been the same all year, but mostly because I had to try SOMETHING to split up the 32 7th graders). My brand new trapezoid tables were arranged in bunches and I had 4 at a table. My latest inspiration was to just go back to the basics...rows. Since my room is only so big, i'm pretty limited so we now just have the standard 4 tables across with an aisle in the middle. Not a huge deal, right??? WRONG! I couldnt believe how many kids were upset about the big change. I had to explain to every class why I would even consider moving the tables, especially right in the middle of the tri. The best part is, my sr high classes spend 95% of their time in the shop anyways so the configuration of my tables has no impact on them beyond me taking attendance. I guess next time I will have to give them a warning I am planning on reorganizing the room?

It's Friday...yessssssssssssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment