Becoming more vocal has come hand in hand with being more demanding. He can't get food fast enough when we get home at night, knows exactly what he wants & is getting good at trying to get what he wants. he knows what drawers he can get into & tears stuff out faster than I can pick it up. It's amazing how when he "helps" unload the dishwasher he knows where most of the stuff goes. He's also really gotten into climbing on everything, especially the chairs at the kitchen table. The other day he was trying to get a dryer ball out of the dryer & climbed up onto the pedestal part of the dryer. Between the washer/dryer, the toilet plunger & brush, the bathtub and the scale, the bathroom really is the child's dream playland.
Another one of his favorite words is "poop" and "potty". Yes, it seems we are starting to experiment with potty training. He definitely knows when he is/has to go because he will say "poop" and point at his diaper, but I don't think he knows the difference between #1 & #2. He will usually tell us about #1 after the fact and #2 before he goes, but he's still not really interested in sitting on the potty. The other day I got him to sit on there for a few minutes and we played blocks but nothing happened. Now, whenever he says those magic words, he will run and get the potty and want to take his pants off, drag his box full of blocks over & sit on there and play. Taking off the pants are optional at this point, he is getting used to sitting on the potty.
We're looking forward to the holidays & I'm busy trying to teach Charlie some Christmas tunes :)
| Practicing on the potty & doing some building |
| MMMmmmm. Cheese. |
Too funny - Clara is really into the bathroom too - I CANNOT figure out the fascination with the toilet brush. Now she just carries it around saying, "icky, icky". So she knows it's icky, but that doesn't seem to stop her! Our kitchen chairs sit on the kitchen table unless we are sitting on them because I couldn't keep her off the table. When do they grow out of these things ;) Mamie
ReplyDelete